FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received their Magazineparts optics rail?
How is the quality?
is it a converted airsoft rail?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bought the side rail, which should be a M1913 rail. Usually accessories designed for weaver rails will fit a bit loose in a 1913 rail.
I'm referring to their optics rail which replaces the reflex sight.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Got my rails today and here's a pic of one w/a mounted Eotech. Slight offset in the rail towards the right but nothing the windage adjustments on the Eotech couldn't handle. Nice rail!
Tomac

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! I bought the Aimpoint clone from eBay for my PS90 and plan to use a T168 6x scope at the range to check the group sizes.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Got an email from MagazineParts about the rightside offset and it was a defect in a few of the first units. They offered to replace them w/new units free of charge, now that's service!
Tomac

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tomac,

Your PS90 looks good, got an optical rail and 1 side rail on the way from magizineparts and was wondering if you had any clearance issues with your Eotech. I've got a 552 that I'm planning on using. Also, any issues with your sight interfering with the backup iron sights?

Thanks, Gregg

·
Registered
569 Posts
gregg877 said:
Tomac,
Your PS90 looks good, got an optical rail and 1 side rail on the way from magizineparts and was wondering if you had any clearance issues with your Eotech. I've got a 552 that I'm planning on using. Also, any issues with your sight interfering with the backup iron sights?
Thanks, Gregg
Thx, Gregg! No clearance issues w/the Eotech using both the factory thumbscrew or the GG&G Accucam QD mount. However, once mounted it can interfere w/items mounted on *low* side rails (which I have since discarded). W/extended rails I have no problems whatsoever. The width of the Eotech does interfere w/the factory BUIS but due to my aging eyes I can't use them anyway so that's no loss. What I did was mount fiber optics fore & aft in the groove down the rail to make my own BUIS (just place the blurry front dot on top of the blurry back dot and shoot!) I've since switched to the Trijicon Tripower (since it doesn't need batteries at all except for those rare instances where neither the tritium or fiber optics provides sufficient reticle contrast) and am very happy w/it. You can see both the TriPower ($379 from SWFA's Samplelist) and the front fiber optic BUIS in this pic.
Tomac

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tri-Rail from Halo

Has anyone tried the "tri-rail from Halo". I'm a new ps90 owner and would like to get a top rail with a low profile. most web sites don't give a stright on side view of their product so it makes it hard to tell. Best ask the experts I always say..LOL.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I have the magazine parts optic rail... On another site, I saw a pic of a tri-rail. From what I can see, the magazine parts top rail is the lowest of any of them...

As for side items. I have a flashlight and laser mounted, as well as an eotech. I don't have any issues w/ any of the items being in the way of any other item.

I took mine to the range again yesterday in fact....

·
Registered
9 Posts
TANKS ShipWreck. I went with the Mag.Parts top rail. I didn't like the Idea of the whole assembly attached by two points(both top and sides, on good bump to the side rail and your zero is ruined...LOL)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lilbuddha said:
TANKS ShipWreck. I went with the Mag.Parts top rail. I didn't like the Idea of the whole assembly attached by two points(both top and sides, on good bump to the side rail and your zero is ruined...LOL)
The Halo Mfg tri-rail uses 4 mounting points. The Magazine Parts top rail only uses 2 mounts and the front mount is a floating mount (over-sized hole that relies on the friction between the boss of the screw and the mount to keep it in place). Generally speaking this is *enough* but the original factory reflex sight was more secure. However, the Halo MFG tri-rail is more secure, IMHO.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I see his point about having ALL of the mounts connected together, though.

But, the magazine parts rail is lower too.

Anyway, post a pic when U are done and have everything together :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ShipWreck said:

A rail that is fractions of an inch lower doesn't make a huge difference. When I zero'd my reflex sight at 50 yd, it was shooting about 1"-3" lower at 25 yd, well within minute-of-person. People are making mountains out of mole hills thinking their PS90 will shoot 5' low at close ranges.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
metroplex said:
ShipWreck said:

A rail that is fractions of an inch lower doesn't make a huge difference. When I zero'd my reflex sight at 50 yd, it was shooting about 1"-3" lower at 25 yd, well within minute-of-person. People are making mountains out of mole hills thinking their PS90 will shoot 5' low at close ranges.
I do agree w/ ya on that.

I got about 2" low at 25 yards - about the same distance I got shooting someone else's stock PS90.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts