FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a magnification sight for my FS2000, but I'm really not sure what one(s).

I'm thinking an Eotech 517.A65 + 3X.FXD or an ACOG.

Considering that, all tallied, they'll run the same (give or take 100 - correct?) I have no idea which way to go.

My questions are 3;
1. Which do you recommend, ACOG or the two Eotechs?
2. If the ACOG, which one and why? if the Eotechs, why?
3. Any chance you know of any good deals on any of the above?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Only get the eotech if you will be shooting things at very close range. For ~ 40 yards and beyond an illuminated magnified optic is just as fast as an eotech given the proper technique. The technique is to look out of your non-scope eye and allow the image of the cross hairs to be superimposed onto this scene. When you see a target you bring the cross hairs over it- you can fire then or allow your brain to switch to the magnified view through the scope for a more accurate shot.
The reason this trick doesn't work at close range is because the super imposed crosshairs in your free eye view will be pointing several inches to the left or right of the POI.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My shooting is, more often than not, within 25 yards.

From time to time I go longer range - that's why I was thinking not a fixed magnification...

Thanks for the advice - P.Pawn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
FYI: For those who had Lasik done to your eyes

When choosing optics:

I'm not sure if everyone goes the same experience, but I heard from several people that if you had some Lasik done to your eyes, the EOTECH will screw up your holographic vision. Some people have mentioned of seeing halos everywhere. Halos are more frequent in the dark. During the day you may not notice it with the EOTECH.

The Aimpoint seems to be fine. Some people do not get Halos. Leupold CQ/T has a new prismatic sight so it wont effect your vision after having Lasik done to your eyes.

:grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts