FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any ps90 owner recomend some good small magnified optics (more then 1x or 2x) that would look good on the ps90? Im a prospective owner of a ps and all the rifle scopes are usualy 9 - 12 inches long, and thats comparing both what i already have on other rifles and ones im seeing online. the best i can find at the moment is a swift 5.5 inch handgun scope, any other Suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive used the eotech 511, its a nice sight but id prefer magnification because my eyes suck :shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
i understand, i have same problem, but what i am referring to is an add on magnifier by eotech that will 3x or 4x existing sights like the aimpoint model in marketplace now.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Well, the ACOG's have magnification, but they will cost 1/2 the price of the gun, if not more.

My eyes suck too, but I typically only shoot my PS90 at 50 yards. So, my Eotech works fine for that.

Without spending mucho money, you may just have to buy a regular scope. Magnified red dot optics are not cheap. Even those magnified Eotechs will probably cost at least $200 more than the standard Eotechs.

How much are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well considering im breaking the bank on the weapon, not more then 500 or so, is there a date on the magnified eotech?

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
I believe sometimes this summer.

I have trouble at 100 yards with it because of my eyes - I mean I can hit a sihloette target, but not in any decent groups. But I do all of my shooting at 50 yards. And, I can get 1/2" to 1 1/2" groups with my PS90. It seems that I haven't been able to do as well with it as I did on my very first range trip. Lately, my groups have been around an inch or so.

But, when U go magnified, then U have issues if U want to use the gun for close quarter shooting. So, all in all, I like the regular eotech :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had an idea about that,
maybe i will put the eotech (unmaged) on top sighted to 25 or 50 yards, and on the left side rail maybe a cheap 4-6x scope sighted to 75 or 100, im thinking from the ergonomics of the gun from ones ive handled and shot, a small scope on a side rail may just work, although the gun would look pretty weird

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Not sure - maybe that will work. The issue is that U have 2 angles to deal with on the sighting in, however - since it is on the side of the bore. So, it will only be accurate for the EXACT distance you set it. Anything else, and it will be off diagonally.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, this is gonna be tough.

maybe i will go cheap first, then spend spend spend on the good stuff, especialy since im going to be raped enough spending the same on a 10 round mag as all you guys are spending on 50 rounders

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I'm putting an Aimpoint M2 2X on mine tonight. I think a 1X and 2X is the most I want on this gun. I plan to use the PS90 for 50 yards and less. 100 yards max.

My AR's are for 50 to 200+ yards. So I'll use 1X thru 6X on them.

TA

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
jonjesse1 said:
Can any ps90 owner recomend some good small magnified optics (more then 1x or 2x) that would look good on the ps90? Im a prospective owner of a ps and all the rifle scopes are usualy 9 - 12 inches long, and thats comparing both what i already have on other rifles and ones im seeing online. the best i can find at the moment is a swift 5.5 inch handgun scope, any other Suggestions?
A few options.

http://www.barska.com/AC10882.htm

http://www.barska.com/AC10808.htm

This one is a little longer.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-mark-4-cqt-13x14mm-rifle-scope.html#

·
Registered
36 Posts
Being the owner of the rifle pictured above I can state that optic version works but does change the balance of the firearm a fair amount. Same with the Aimpoint and its 3x magnifier.
That's one of the reasons I went another direction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you guys are missing a few available optics options. I also have poor vision, even after my last eye surgery, so I'm pursuing a magnified scope purchase to stalk Wile E. Coyote and his varmint pals mr. gopher and mr. badger.

There are several optics manufacturers that produce scopes that meet the following criteria:

1. Low zoom magnification 1x (or 1.5x) to 4x or 6x.
2. Illuminated reticle such as red dot over fine crosshair.
3. Low profile mount so lens center is maybe 1" over the rail mount.
4. Reasonably shockproof and lightweight.

Burris, Leupold, IOR, and Meopta all have options in these categories for under $600, which IMO, far outshines the USSS sight. Leupold has a Euro series that is the optical equivalent of the M/RT and CQT w/o the mall ninjafication. I'm trying to ferret out a Burris Illuminated Euro-Diamond.

There are a couple 3 gun threads on THR that go into further detail. It's possible to use even a $80 short eye relief shotgun scope if you don't require reticle illumination.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ATN just came out with a combination sight that has a reflex sight on the top and a 3x scope on the bottom. It's kinda like the sight that you see on some of the H&K G36's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you see how high that ATN sits when it's mounted on an AR15, you'd change your mind. Besides, for half the cost, there are 1-4x25 illuminated scopes that are basically the same thing if you don't mind the non-reflex 1x view.

i ended up just mounting my Burrix Compact R/A scope on an ARMS throwlever mount which seems to work fine (once its sighted in).

·
Registered
3 Posts
2-6x28mm Scope with top & side picatinny rails

I have had my PS90 for almost a month now and have taken it to an outdoor range to sight in the holosight I bought for it and found that I had difficulty seeing targets beyond 50 yds. So I decided that I wanted to get a low-profile 4x compact scope to mount on it. I had envisioned a compact, low-profile scope that I could use some special mounting rings that would allow me to also mount my holo for use in close quarters. The Trijicon with the Doctor Optic was nice, but I'd have sell my liver to afford it. So I searched the web and reviewing countless scope options and ran across just waht I was looking for at J&G Sales:

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.../1611?osCsid=bccc7a11934d21b0e45c4bb4720e5529

It is a 2-6x28mm MilDot compact rifle scope with built-in picatinny top and side mounts that allowed me to mount the holo on top and it looks awesome. Best of all -- it only cost $40. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range and zero it, but it is on the list for Saturday.

I know some here will snicker and think putting a scope on a weapon designed for CQB, but us old farts can't see like we used to and besides, this puppy is supposed to accurate out to 200 yds. So, why not set it up for all scenarios: laser at 10yds for up close and personal defense, holo at 50 yds for moving targets and the MilDot scope at 100+.

Check it out and see if it is close to what you're looking for.

Good shooting.
:-x

·
Registered
89 Posts
Trijicon

I have a 2x20mm Special Ring Compact ACOG with the amber 4moa dot mounted on my TR. On my previous standard model I had a channel mount Compact ACOG with the amber 4moa dot in an adapter that replaced the standard Ring sight. The 2x magnification is just about perfect for teh distances the 5.7x28 will be used in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts