FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about purchasing a PS90 this weekend. I currently have an AR15 with an Aimpoint ML2 and 3x, I haven't really looked super close at a PS90 to the point of measuring rails etc. but I highly doubt I'll be able to rock out any setup similair to that so.....

What are options for a magnified optic on a PS90? Does anyone use Trijicons if so what model, and has anyone ever mounted something like a millet dms-1 type of scope. Please let me know if I'm out of my mind for thinking of putting something like that on top of one or if anyone has done it and your opinions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i wouldn't go with more magnification than 2x. the ps90 really isn't designed as a weapon that needs a lot of scope. i run my with an EO Tech 512 and can hit at 100 yards fine. next time i go to the range i will try farther out but the maximum effective range seems to be 150 - 200 yards from what i've read here.

if you think you need a scope i would go with an ACOG, but for the amount you'll spend i think it would be a waste of money. buy your favorite reflex/red dot sight, mount it and spend the rest of the money on magazines and ammo. good luck with your choice :?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use an EoTech 552 with their 3xFTS magnifier.

This gives me 3 options:

552 alone - 0x magnification

552 w/ 3xFTS attached and in line - 3x magnification

552 w/ 3xFTS flipped to the side - 0x magnification with one button press.

The 3x is very good from 100 to 200 yards, about all you're gonna get from a PS90 on a good day. Inside of 100 yds, you don't need or want the magnification.

See my pics in the photo section to get an idea what it looks like mounted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts