FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR RELOCATION

Company Is Moving Operations to Wyoming and Texas

Magpul Industries announced today that it is relocating its operations to Wyoming and Texas.

The company is relocating manufacturing, distribution and shipping operations to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Magpul is leasing a 58,000 square foot manufacturing and distribution facility during the construction of a 100,000 square foot build-to-suit facility in the Cheyenne Business Parkway. The Wyoming relocation is being completed with support from Governor Matt Mead, the Wyoming Business Council and Cheyenne LEADS.

Magpul is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas. Three North Central Texas sites are under final consideration, and the transition to the Texas headquarters will begin as soon as the facility is selected. The Texas relocation is being accomplished with support from Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Economic Development Corporation.

“Magpul made the decision to relocate in March 2013 and has proceeded on an aggressive but deliberate path” says Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul Industries. “These dual moves will be carried out in a manner that ensures our operations and supply chain will not be interrupted and our loyal customers will not be affected.”

The company began a nationwide search for a new base of operations after legislation was enacted in Colorado that dramatically limits the sale of firearms accessories – the core of Magpul’s business. Magpul plans on initially transitioning 92% of its current workforce outside of Colorado within 12-16 months and will maintain only limited operations in Colorado.

"Moving operations to states that support our culture of individual liberties and personal responsibility is important,” says Richard Fitzpatrick, Chief Executive Officer for Magpul Industries. “This relocation will also improve business operations and logistics as we utilize the strengths of Texas and Wyoming in our expansion.”

Magpul | Unfair Advantage

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Good job Colorado!

·
Registered
385 Posts
We need more gun owners who live in gun hating states to move out. If this company is willing to undertake a move and probably lose a considerable amount of money and a support infrastructure built up over many years (although I am sure that the incentives offered by the new home states are softening the blow to some extent) to stand up for their principles, then more of us should too.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Colorado where standard magazines are illegal and pot is legal. Elections are coming!

Reactions: adamc and clocker

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
We need more gun owners who live in gun hating states to move out. If this company is willing to undertake a move and probably lose a considerable amount of money and a support infrastructure built up over many years (although I am sure that the incentives offered by the new home states are softening the blow to some extent) to stand up for their principles, then more of us should too.
I feel this is self defeating. Retreating isn't really a viable option because the gun haters will just gain what ground we cede, and then screw us over on a federal level not just a state level.

So while places like Kalifornia are a lost cause; Colorado is still far from lost. A solid effort could seriously weaken the anti-gunners in the state legislature and turn the tide.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I feel this is self defeating. Retreating isn't really a viable option because the gun haters will just gain what ground we cede, and then screw us over on a federal level not just a state level.

So while places like Kalifornia are a lost cause; Colorado is still far from lost. A solid effort could seriously weaken the anti-gunners in the state legislature and turn the tide.
You have a point but a move such as this hopefully will get the attention of the politicians and their constituency when they see jobs and money being lost due to infringement of their rights. Wonder how many of their employees will relocate?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can vouch for the fact that Magpul will not be paying in any of the transitional costs of relocating to Cheyenne. The Wyoming Business Council will be building a 100,000 sq ft building built to suite - under a grant!

Not a loan.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I can vouch for the fact that Magpul will not be paying in any of the transitional costs of relocating to Cheyenne. The Wyoming Business Council will be building a 100,000 sq ft building built to suite - under a grant!

Not a loan.
Texas and Wyoming... small government states....LOLOL

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If I lived anywhere like that and someone was willing to pay my moving expenses, sell me house, and help me get a new one while ensuring that I can keep my job (Thats what they do for corps like this) then I would have NO problem moving....... Until then most of us are stuck....

BTW: Good job Magpul.....

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Magpul kicks arse! I was just thinking about this last night! It makes me want to buy more of their stuff, except the awful slings.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Texas and Wyoming... small government states....LOLOL
I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, but Texas has been courting gun manufacturers and other industries with the lure of lower taxes, less regulation and non-union work force for years. NAFTA nearly killed us, but we are finally on the rebound . The Colorado legislature grandfathered Magpul, but the environment is still the same-see California. I applaud them for moving.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Its creepy to watch this in real time, to see the slimy tendrils of liberal antigunners slither from one state to another, driving out red blooded Americans to supposed safe freedom loving bastions...until they get overrun again. Makes me sick to think about it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
How about a grant to rescue us pro 2A ers. Here in communist gungrabbing Connecticut..?

Wyoming sounds like a nice gun friendly place to live....without ANY gungrabbing commies :)

I'm game

Reactions: xslice
1 - 20 of 28 Posts