FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have experience trying these out on a SCAR yet?

Just found out about Parker Mountain having these already adjusted for a SCAR17, and I'm sorely tempted to pick one up. From what I can understand, the K2 grips are more vertical and ideal for SBRs and the MOE grips are similar to the factory grip but without that stupid front shelf? What about the MIAD?

So far I'm leaning to the MOE+.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
MIAD fits my hand very well, I do have big hands usually wear an XL glove. Magpul defines the grip as MIssion ADjustable hence MIAD, has 2 front straps and 3 back straps to adjust the grip to individual preference. If you want added confusion the BCM grips are also more vertical similar to the K2, I just ordered the BCM Mod 3 from PMM to give them a try.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you do not have large hands, there is no need for the extra expense of the MIAD. As Smurky points out, the MIAD has swappable front and rear straps, allowing you to configure a larger than standard grip. MOE grips are slightly wider and thicker than standard A2 grips; it also has the beaver tail which the A2 does not. If you have average to small hands, it will work fine. The K2 and other more vertical grips are better rifles with short length of pull, or pistols with SB15 brace. The were designed for comfort when resting your hand on the grip while your rifle is slung/hung vertically off of your body. The straighter angle puts less strain on your wrist.

Since I have average size hands and I don't use my SCAR for sentry duty, I went with the MOE and it works fine.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Not a fan of the squishy soft rubber of MOE+ and unless you plan on SBRing the SCAR I wouldn't go with k2 which give it a more vertical drop and therefore putting more weight on the wrist. MIAD is an around good choice IMO, gives you option in adjusting size of the grip and decent nonslip texture.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I had a MIAD for both SCARs, but have since switched them out in favor of the Bravo Company Gunfighter Grip Mod 0. I like the angle better. I had to modify both lowers to make 'em fit right, but that works out better in the long run, since it lets me use any grip I want in the future.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The original K is the size of a factory AK grip with a more vertical angle. I'm putting one on an AR for my 10 year old girl, if that gives you an idea of how small it is. The one shown above is the K2, more vertical angle, but normal sized. I tried it, loved the angle, but it increases the reach to the mag release by a lot. Too much for me. BCM mod 3 is the only grip needed on the planet, it's that good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What I have on my rifle pictured above is a K2. The standard K2 not the K2+. The + just means soft grip/rubber. It is not the plus version.

You might be mistaking it for the standard K grip. I dont know. Like I said I use K2 grips on everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts