FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this topic was brought up or not but I emailed magpul and asked them if they were going to release a moe grip for the Scar and this was there reply.

Anthony,

Thank you for your inquiry.* We’re always looking for ways to improve upon existing products and explore the boundaries of new ideas, but are not releasing any information on projects that may or may not be in the works.* Please keep an eye on our website for news and updates.

Hopefully that means good news!

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
You can do some minimal filing to the MOE grip and it will fit the SCAR just fine.

·
Registered
337 Posts
This is the link providing detailed instructions on how to modify your lower to fit a MIAD and MIAD backstrap. The process would be exactly the same for the MOE. I chose to mod my SCAR rather than the grip. This makes the rifle more universal/compatible. Some will obviously object to modding their lower, whatever suits your requirements - mod the grip or mod the lower.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
^^^^ Did the same. Once you modify your lower grip tang you can use any AR style grip. You are only taking 1/8" off the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts