FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had our PS90 since late last year and have put over 1200rds thru her. Mostly in 3-50rd mags with a fair amount in the original 30rd mag.
Lately, have been having issues where the mags aren't feeding/rotating the next round fast enough.

Have stripped the mags and have washed them with water as per the manual. Cleaned the plastic rollers as well but still seem to have this issue.
Weak mag springs??

BTW, this is my first post.
Also in the FN family are several FN FAL variants and a SLP 12g.

·
Vendor
5,619 Posts
When I clean my mags I use a little wd40 on a swab and rub it around and under the feeding lips. I also hit the ramp area. I always pull out a lot of powder residue. Also... useing and angled metel dental pick, lightly scrap the inside corners and angles of the ramp and lips to make sure you get all the powder out.
It's a lot more work but I have never had a feeding problem. :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I am not sure what to suggest if you have cleaned the mags. Contact FN. They have replaced people's mags who cracked them. Maybe they will look at them for you.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
As I have said it in the past. Try cleaning the magazine with an auto micro-fiber towl.
Cleaning it with just water will not get all the powder and carbon out.
Especially if some get stuck in the cracks.
Soap and water can be worse than just water depending on the soap you use. It can leave a residue when dried.
Have you ever washed a car with soap and water and noticed some soap residue when its dried? Same thing.
A micro-fiber towl will pickup every little particle in the mag because of the static electricity in it will attract the tiny particles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts