FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Early this morning, firefighters responded to reports of a fire at the Winchester ammunition plant in East Alton, IL.

It appears, based on initial reports, that the fire was contained to a storage area and was caused, or made worse by, exploding propane tanks.

No one was injured during the blaze, which was classified as a three alarm fire.
The fire was so large, it took firefighters from seven different departments to extinguish it.

According to Chief Randy Nelson, they were tipped off to the fire by a passerby who noticed the fire and called 911.

No word on whether the fire will affect ammunition production. Certain calibers still remain difficult to find following last year’s ammunition shortage, while more common calibers such as 9mm, .40SW and .223 are becoming more prevalent.

The hardest cartridge to find remains the extremely popular .22LR round. ::FF::

There is an investigation taking place to determine what caused the fire, which was visible for quite some distance during its peak.

[Video] BREAKING: Major Fire at Winchester Ammo Plant

Edit, More:
Fire break out at Winchester ammo plant. Will it impact production?

The Winchester fire took place shortly after an abandoned building burned in another part of town. The cause of each fire is under investigation.

http://bearingarms.com/fire-break-out-at-winchester-ammo-plant-will-it-impact-production/

·
Registered
876 Posts
Great! Just Great! I think Obama set the fire! Or they could have been shooting those .22lr that are over stuffed.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ya know I was thinking maybe antigunners myself.
Honesty that was my first though. I can see them doing something like that. The anti-gunners are way more violent then pro-gunners. Some anti-gunners honestly scare me. A cousin of mine is a big anti-gunner on Facebook and has said he would be all for the military taking guns away from everyone. He's posted comments about how pro-2A supporters can have there guns as long as it is in there cold dead hands. He lives in NY. I've tried to have a civil conversation with him, but always results in calling me a racist bigot from the south. I've even reminded him that our great grandfather came over on a boat from Italy and that if the slaves had guns they could have revolted. But it's like talking to a wall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts