FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading in another post in the FNP section that you could make a drop leg holster out of the FNP shooters pack blade-tech holster.

Just curious if anyone has done this or could elaborate on how this could be done. I remember seeing generic thigh rigs with Molle attachments overseas which you could attach magazine pouches or other items to. Just wondering if one could be adapted to mount a regular blade-tech holster to it.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Cool. I'll have to look in to that someday.

If you do it, I'd love to see pics :shock:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed bladetech and they said neither of these (molle-lok or the thigh rig adapter) is compatible with the shooters pack injection molded holster. Bummer. It must be on purpose so you are forced to buy the more expensive purpose built holsters. I'm still curious if the molle-lok adapters would work because the screw holes look like the same size as the ones that hold the belt loop plate on. Probably wouldn't be sturdy enough since the screw holes aren't in line (you need at least 2 lined up in a row for sturdy attachment I would think) and it's a 3 hole setup.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
There's actually 5 holes (to allow you to tilt the holster) but non line up. I don't think you could drill new holes very easily either. Bummer.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still tempted to experiment. The molle-lok sets only cost a few bucks a set. Might be worth a try just to see how it works. If not I can use the molle-loks on the magazine holder for sure, since its mounting holes are in line.

Option 2 is to get one of the safari land molle mounting plate adapters and drill a custom hole or 2 to make it match the hole pattern on the blade tech. These are a tad bit expensive for a piece of plastic and 2 nylon straps however.
http://estore.websitepros.com/1891705/Detail.bok?no=316

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Yeah. $24 for a hunk of plastic with a bunch of holes drilled in it and a couple nylon straps attached. Looks like it would work though. I wonder if I get creative enough, if I could make something that would work. Maybe a thick piece of leather with some straps stitched to it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
drop rig with shooters pack

I was at a gun show yesterday and talking to the rep from blade tech about what I could do to make the shotters pack holster more comfertable. He had me try on a drop set up and it felt alot better. I was able to pick up for 15 dollars a drop beld mount and use my holster. It worked. I think others set up will work fine

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you give me some details on what the setup is? I would be interested in a conversion. Is the drop leg mount blade tech brand?

·
Registered
6 Posts
IT is the DOH setup

I was able to use the Drop and offset clip with my shooters pack holster and it works fine. It is not a great conceal set up but great for going to the range. I will get pics up soon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes every piece is blade tech

Yes every piece is blade tech and I found out that yes you can adapt to a most set up with the shooters pack holster. If it says blade tech on it. I went into the wharehouse and was looking at set up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts