FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have run into a bit of a roadblock on the SBR journey. And it really sucks because its no problem with my paperwork. I was approved and got my stamps back no problem, but have no clue where to have my receivers engraved. As in, who will do it. I have checked jewelers and other companies that would have the equipment, but because its not their standard order, they dont want to touch it. Fine by me.

So here is where I turn to the mighty Interwebs and ask, does anyone here know who will do a PROFESSIONAL makers engraving? Most preferably in the Houston, TX area? I really dont want to go through sending my receivers to anyone, so if I could take a day to drive there and have it done, that would be great. I know "perfect world" blah blah. LOL

Really guys, ANY help would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
I really dont want to go through sending my receivers to anyone
If you change your mind you'll have all kinds of options and it will only take about a week door to door.

Reactions: Bam

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
What are you SBR'ing? What weapon? You are right about engraving, it is a pain in the ass. jhs27275 is right though. Sending it off will be the best thing.

Reactions: Bam

·
Registered
431 Posts
just did a simple google search for "laser engraving ffl houston tx" and got a small phone book listing. a lot of ffl engravers in san antonio, but there is a f-load of machine shops in houston so there should be plenty part marking shops there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you SBR'ing? What weapon?
My ps90 and a Draco :p, just for starters. The main reason im looking for someone close is not because im lazy, even though I am, it's because I do plan to build more NFA items in the future.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just did a simple google search for "laser engraving ffl houston tx" and got a small phone book listing. a lot of ffl engravers in san antonio, but there is a f-load of machine shops in houston so there should be plenty part marking shops there.
Yeah I have called a lot of them and no luck. I guess I was hoping that someone had a definite place to send me to. I may just send these off and continue to look in the area for my future builds.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My ps90 and a Draco :p, just for starters. The main reason im looking for someone close is not because im lazy, even though I am, it's because I do plan to build more NFA items in the future.
NFA is drugs for law a biding adults. :D

Seems you have the addiction. :)

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Stamp collecting is fun but it is habit forming. :-D

·
Registered
98 Posts

But a Draco is not a krinkov! :th_happy-rotfl4:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ident Marking Services near Dallas, Texas Ident Marking Services

They are a Class III SOT and specialize in laser engraving precisely what you're asking for. You can get their number online and safely ship your receiver to them because they have an FFL.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When you're buying a $7-35k gun $200 is a drop in the bucket. Guys probably shoot that the first range trip out with their guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts