FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i pulled apart my magazines today just to see how they function and just generally check them out. i can see that the 50 round spring and the 30 round are the same thing. is it possible to cut the fllorplate on the 30 round off and make it to where it will hold 50 rounds. i was thinking of cutting the ends off and maybe melting them or somehow glueing them together so the spring holder and the round part thats holds the fllor plate on are together. my question is, has anyone tried this and had it work correctly. i know there is a part to buy for $10 but id like to see if i can get it done like this. and if it doesnt work right, well then im only out a $10 part for the correct one. lemme know thanx!!!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
U can cut it yourself, as just stated. Or, MPF Tech and Magparts both have the piece you can buy for a few dollars to swop that piece out completely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey i appreciate the link. glad to know im not retarded. i love tinkering with my guns and finding ways to make them better

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it done shortly after you psoted your link and everything seems to work great. thanks a lot!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts