FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Benchmades' are fine knives, I own a Griptilian. but of all the knives I own, and I have over a hundred, If I could only have one it would be a Strider SnG or a Spidy Southard
Knife Blade Cutting tool Hunting knife Tool
Knife Blade Hunting knife Utility knife Cutting tool

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
To answer your question Op it would be number 4 (folder) for me. I own several fixed blades and my folders get 100X more use. I am more of a fan of larger framed folders and tend to lean toward them more when making the end decision.

·
Banned
69 Posts
#1 or the non-numbered 6th picture, I agree more use from my folders, but for all around 1 knife use, I have to choose a full tang knives with a good finger guard up front, less chance for breakage, can be used as a spear..etc...

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Depends how they feel in the hand.

·
Registered
429 Posts
#5.

The Benchmade Nimravus has been my go to fixed blade for 3 years now. It is a ferocious, scary sharp slicer with surprising versatility. Used it downrange on multiple occasions and never failed me.

Overall Look, Size, and Feel: The Benchmade Nimravus has a blade length of 4.5 inches made of154cm premium steel. It is available in combo edge and plain edge, and coated with Benchmade’s usual BK1 black coating. Benchmade is now using G10 grips instead of the micarta ones like I have, handled and played with the new G10 handle equipped knives and can say they are a SWEET upgrade. The knife is extremely well balanced and just fits the hand perfectly. When ever someone first picks it up, they are almost always stunned at how lightweight it is.With that in mind, it bears saying that the Nimravus is meant to be a slicer and piercer, don’t be planning on using it to baton and chop down tree limbs.

Performance: What can I say, I have been absolutely pleased with this knife. The Nimravus has performed such duties as slicing up kindling for a fire, cutting countless amounts of para-cord, cutting smaller branches to construct some concealment for a snipers hide. This knife is ideal for jumpmaster duty. It is really just an everyday go to knife.

Price: The Benchmade Nimravus retails at $150. With buying a Benchmade you also buy Benchmade’s lifetime warranty. You can also send your knife in to be sharpened for free using Benchmade’s Lifesharp program!!!.

Made in the U.S.A Baby!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
#3 looks like it would be the most comfortable folder to use. That would be my choice.

Reactions: LESTER
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.