FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to post an update on my Mako mags. I have 20rd, 30rd, and 40rd mags from them. When seating the mag, all it needs is a firm pull up to lock it in. These are not like other cheap ****ty mags... Do not bang or slap them in after seating! If you do- you will have all kinds of feed problems. Smacking them in seats them to deep. The first round my load, but randomly through the entire mag the round will jam on the ramp. I ran through close to 400 rounds sunday at 100% flawless operating loading w/ a firm upward pull. I do load on an open bolt also. The 40rd mags are not obtrusive or hinder the use in any way that I felt.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Wanted to post an update on my Mako mags. I have 20rd, 30rd, and 40rd mags from them. When seating the mag, all it needs is a firm pull up to lock it in. These are not like other cheap ****ty mags... Do not bang or slap them in after seating! If you do- you will have all kinds of feed problems. Smacking them in seats them to deep. The first round my load, but randomly through the entire mag the round will jam on the ramp. I ran through close to 400 rounds sunday at 100% flawless operating loading w/ a firm upward pull. I do load on an open bolt also. The 40rd mags are not obtrusive or hinder the use in any way that I felt.
how did you prevent it from jamming on the feed ramp? "w/ a firm upward pull"?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The easiest way to fix the mags is to file the top lip on the mag where the mag release catches. I did this to one of mine and tested last week and it inserts without force and fired 40 rounds without a jam in a lmt cqb piston rifle but just be careful not to file too much. The mag is labeled with #14

·
Registered
969 Posts
I originally ordered them around the first of the year, It said in stock. Then there was this crummy disclaimer saying they were in stock but would not ship for 3 months. I called BS on it and emailed twice telling them I wanted the order cancelled. Also disputed it. Had a box on my front door today with them in it.
its kinda funny how we are all getting them at the same time considering they were just backlogged on shipping and in stock.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have 8 of these Mako mags and Ive shot about 300rnds through my FS2000 with them. No issues on my end but a friend had a jam while he was using it. He may have not slammed the mag hard enough when he put it in though.

Love these mags - seriously well built.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I originally ordered them around the first of the year, It said in stock. Then there was this crummy disclaimer saying they were in stock but would not ship for 3 months. I called BS on it and emailed twice telling them I wanted the order cancelled. Also disputed it. Had a box on my front door today with them in it.
its kinda funny how we are all getting them at the same time considering they were just backlogged on shipping and in stock.
They take the orders, and continue with manufacturing. They are quality magazines from all I have read, mine just arrived, but I haven't tested them. They charge your card up front, and ship after prior orders are filled. Whether or not that is ethical depends on your frame of reference. At first, I was very concerned. Personally, I'll make another order with them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put my first order in day before xmas, had 6 of them second week of January. Then I ordered 30- 30rds, 30- 40rd, and a few 20rds. That last order was delivered to me at least 5 weeks ago. Plus they shipped me a duplicate first order on top of that. They must of really wanted me to have a bunch of their mags.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have 8 of these Mako mags and Ive shot about 300rnds through my FS2000 with them. No issues on my end but a friend had a jam while he was using it. He may have not slammed the mag hard enough when he put it in though.

Love these mags - seriously well built.
If it jammed, I would bet my gun he inserted the mag to hard. As soon as they lock in, that's all that's needed....at least that's my experience. Any other brand of mag, smack that ***** in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts