FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a musician's mandolin-size gig bag to transport their PS90? This is the Fender Deluxe Mandolin Gig Bag that seems like it would be the right length. It might be tight in the midsection with a tall scope. It is padded and can be carried three ways, including backpack style.

I have not bought one yet. I may cut out a cardboard template of my PS90 TR with scope and see how it fits at the guitar shop.

·
Registered
426 Posts
CD did a few Saxophone padded cases for the PS90 with top rail optics installed, just sold the last one last week. We can rig other types of musical instrument cases too. With the mandolin cases, you may want to try putting the buttstock end into the neck of the case if it will fit, that may allow weapon fit with optic installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I overlayed an image of the PS90 over the Fender mandolin gig bag. It does look too tight in the midsection. My PS90 TR with tube scope makes the gun tallest in the midsection, wherease the mandolin bag is tallest in the bottom section.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tenor Sax Gig Bag

The mandolin gig bag is the wrong shape, namely not tall enough iin the midsection for my scoped PS90 TR. It also has too much slack at the bottom end. It would have been stealthy though, because the profile of the bag says musical instrument, not gun.

I took CD's suggestion and checked out saxophone gig bags. The Alto sax bag was too short. The Tenor sax bag fit perfectly and has the mid length bump that gives the scope plenty of clearance. The model I bought from Sam Ash is the Jean Baptiste Tenor Gig Bag which lists for $119 but was on sale and in stock locally for $59. It is lined and padded and will give your PS90 more protection than an unpadded tennis racket bag.

The front pocket easily holds 3 PS90 mags flat or 4 PS90 mags stacked with room for three 50rd boxes of 5.7 ammo. You could stuff even more mags in the main compartment with the PS90, so you can haul lots and lots of rounds with this set up. The back side has backpack carrying straps, so I could take it to the range on my motorcycle or hike it out in the country. The fit is very good and the PS90 slides in without any binding. It also fits my GSG-5 22LR (with optional retractable stock and the mag removed). The down side of the sax gig bag is that it has the profile of an assault rifle more than an instrument.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts