FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really thinking about a ps90 but I have many questions before I purchase one.

I really think I want my own optics, wouldnt the tri-rail be the way to go? if I go with the USG black sight can I remove it and have a rail for mounting my own optics on it? it doesnt look like I can.

At best I am thinking this is a 50yd gun tops, I know it was designed for CQC and isnt intended for far ranges. Is it really more of a novelty gun?

What is the life expectancy of the gun? I do believe in shooting my firearms at the range on a regular basis.

is there any issues of note?

is the short barrel version readily available?

it seems that Tanners is the best bet for purchase, am I correct?

what is the latest word on the available ammo, I had read there was much opposition to this firearm and the 5.7x28 and it was soon to be off the market.

how reliable is the firearm?

I know its a ong list but i am really on the fence with this, I dont know if i want to spend the money on this if is just a novelty item, I can always get another ak or ar in place of it. is the scar being released to general public?

Thanks for your help!

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies, I guess i am looking for something to motivate me to make this purchase.

whats the story with the release of the SCAR.

Would you take a 2000 over your ps90 if you did it all over again?

I think an issue for me is the non standard ammo.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I must say my biggest concern is the ammo, if it was a .223/5.56 firearm i would have been one of the 1st to purchase one. I dont want to make an investment which could be obsolete after the next election.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.