FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13,432 Posts
iostorm said:
I am really thinking about a ps90 but I have many questions before I purchase one.

I really think I want my own optics, wouldnt the tri-rail be the way to go? if I go with the USG black sight can I remove it and have a rail for mounting my own optics on it? it doesnt look like I can.

At best I am thinking this is a 50yd gun tops, I know it was designed for CQC and isnt intended for far ranges. Is it really more of a novelty gun?

What is the life expectancy of the gun? I do believe in shooting my firearms at the range on a regular basis.

is there any issues of note?

is the short barrel version readily available?

it seems that Tanners is the best bet for purchase, am I correct?

what is the latest word on the available ammo, I had read there was much opposition to this firearm and the 5.7x28 and it was soon to be off the market.

how reliable is the firearm?

I know its a ong list but i am really on the fence with this, I dont know if i want to spend the money on this if is just a novelty item, I can always get another ak or ar in place of it. is the scar being released to general public?

Thanks for your help!
Step 1 - Go here and read the PS90 mini FAQ:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=4286

As for barrel life - I think it is rated at 20k or so - about average for rifle barrels.

Only place I have ever seen the short barrel version sold is at CMMG - most people just buy theirs and short barrel it lter - if you want to do this. I am satisfied with the way it is, personally.

Never had a feeding issue with mine. Be aware that FN stated that if you short barrel the gun, you loose the warranty.

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Well, the SCAR won't be out until the end of the year.

As for the ammo - with ammo prices jumping, and the 5.7 basically staying the same, the ammo costs about the same as AR/FS2000 ammo.

I personally prefer the PS90 to the FS2000 - the FS2000 seems too bulky on the front end for my liking.

· Registered
13,432 Posts
I am not too worried about the ammo supply - however, as I have stated many time s- I know what you are saying. I stockpiled 2100 rounds of the stuff.

10-15 years from now, I don't want a gun that I cannot get ammo for.

I pull from my stock as I shoot the gun, and then just replace it immediately (so I can keep ammo from sitting there too long on the shelf)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.