FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been recently offered a March 1-10X scope trade for my ACOG setup. I never heard of this brand and googling didn't turn up a lot of info or reviews on it. Anyone here own or have used their scopes? Are they really worth the 2k or so price tags?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the 3-24 on the 17 and the 1-8 on my SCR-11, both are FFP - the 1-10 will be SFP scope. Kelbly's is the sole US importer/retailer. Deon Optical (Japan) was started by some previous gurus working at Nightforce. They're pretty much hand assembled, limited production works of art

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Decided to give her a go. Pretty good initial impression. Build seems of good quality, the picture is clean and clear and the turrets are very tactile. The only really concern I have is the illumination which at the brightest isn't very bright. Plus the guy threw in a brand new ADM Recon X mount so the deal ended up slightly in my favor I think.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I've been wondering about these scopes for a while. When they were first announced, a lot of people were wondering how the heck they go a 1x go to 10x (I'm still not sure if it's a true 1x). Seems like most of these are over in Europe.

It'll be interesting to see your review once you get it to the range.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good, I'll trade you for a red field
I would take that trade in a heartbeat but I'm afraid that glass would be too much for your california compliant SCAR. :wink:

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been wondering about these scopes for a while. When they were first announced, a lot of people were wondering how the heck they go a 1x go to 10x (I'm still not sure if it's a true 1x). Seems like most of these are over in Europe.

It'll be interesting to see your review once you get it to the range.
It's not true 1x, I don't know if any 1x-whatever variable scope is (IIRC someone mentioned that even the SpecterDR 1x is not true 1x). There's still limit to the eye relief; but it's more tolerant than high power magnification setting. That said, on 1x you can still shoot with both eye open and as long as you get the consistent cheek weld down, it will still work as any reflex red dot optic.

I will post more once I get her out to a range with some distance.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
It's not true 1x, I don't know if any 1x-whatever variable scope is (IIRC someone mentioned that even the SpecterDR 1x is not true 1x). There's still limit to the eye relief; but it's more tolerant than high power magnification setting. That said, on 1x you can still shoot with both eye open and as long as you get the consistent cheek weld down, it will still work as any reflex red dot optic.

I will post more once I get her out to a range with some distance.
The SpecterDR has curved glass like all variable scopes which causes some parallax issues IIRC. You need flat glass like on an Aimpoint to get rid of that issue (and arguably that is the only true 1x optical device in a lot of peoples minds).

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been using the March 1-10 for my 3 gun rifle for 2 seasons now and I love it. On 1x it is great for the hoser stages and turning the power up made the 390 yard easy. At that distance it still was not turned up to 10 though. I have used it in a precision match out to 600 yards and out to 1000 just target shooting. It worked well at 600, the rifle, ammo and probably the shooter were stretching it at 1000. I do not abuse my gear but the rifle does get tossed into barrels on the run several times a match and the scope has held up fine. The glass is awesome and I am a fan of the dot in a donut reticle for 3gun.

A lot of people are put off by the 5 year warranty but apparently Japanese law bases the warranty on the size of the company so they cannot legally offer a longer warranty. That said, Kelby's and March have said they will make any problems right even after the warranty period. So far I have not needed to test the warranty. Enjoy the scope, I think it is a great optic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts