FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the married guys here - who is lucky enough to have their wife go shooting with them?

I wish I was one of those guys :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine goes with me...as long as it's one of those "informal" spots out in the desert. :)

Drew

·
Registered
71 Posts
mine goes with me usually. only problem is when i want to get a new gun i have to buy two. one for me one for her. by the way ship, thanks for always plugging the p99. got a p99c for her and its a great piece.

·
Administrator
11,384 Posts
Not a chance in hell.

She's one of those "two finger" people that like to hold firearms with just the two fingers with a show of total disdane.

Too bad, one of these days she is going to need to know how to use the damn things, and won't know how.

Go freakin figgure!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My wife is still on active duty, so she likes to keep in practice prior to quals. But most of the time it's just me and my buddies that shoot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife goes out with me maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

The best story of her shooting though was when we dated. I showed her how to shoot and maybe 3 or 4 weeks after he first time shooting she agreed to go to the Colt Cup with me.

The CC was a slow-fire event using either an AR-15 or M-16 model. By slow fire I mean one had to put each round in individually- no magazine fed. You had 20 minutes to shoot 10 round prone, 10 sitting and 10 standing over iron sights at a target 300 meters.

She was only able to get off 22 rounds in the 20 minutes but she still placed about 2/3rds of the way down- well above many who got off all 30 shots.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine usually shoots with me but not right now since she is pregnant. She misses it too. We got an AR-24K the other week that she really wants to try but can't.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I dont take he with when I am out with the guys because she out shoots us lol :?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
My wife is a CAD operator and has had carpal tunnel issues for years. I bought her a .22 rifle last year and I want to get her a little .22 pistol this year. Then maybe I can get her to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes I'm indeed blessed with a woman who supports my hobbies. And I hers. Back when we got engaged, she wanted a new PC in lieu of a diamond. Errr, ok... She promptly starts a web design business and more than pays for it... Wouldn't trade her for an F-22 :) It's nice to be loved too.. Oh, Her pet gun? A G19 now, but wants an M&P 9 next. Who am I to refuse? I tease her that I'm like Fred Flintstone buying Wilma a bowling ball. She counters "but I'm the one naggin you to go shooting".

Countin my bessings in ATL

·
Banned
83 Posts
8) we met on the range 30 years ago. I was instructor, she was an agent doing yearly quals.
She's retired and doesn't shoot anymore......but she buys me guns and rounds :? :? :?
Her carry gun is a rare mint factory nickle mauser HSC in .380.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts