FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used J.P. Enterprise match trigger for one of My AR-15's
for $70.00. My question is has anyone here installed it without their lightened hammer? and did it work well? I am thinking of getting a Rock River Arms match 2 stage trigger for my other AR.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't know about the JP, but I can vouch for the RRA 2-stage trigger.

It's easy/direct-replacement install and is GREAT!

I've also owned the Bushmaster, Armalite and Compass Lake triggers. I like the RRA best.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have, and it worked fine. Then I "lightened" my own hammer with a Dremel, like it shows in the instructions. Couldn't tell much difference to be honest.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Haven't tried the JP yet. I also like the RRA Match triggers. I have a Timney dropin and a McCormick dropin in two of my lowers, and I will be replacing those with RRA's too. Or I may put a Jewell in one of them and try that.

I'm enterested in hearing what you think about the JP when you try it. Some folks say the JP is as good as a Jewell.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I'm still running RRA 2 stage match in three rifles. The dropin McCormick and Timney in the other two. I have three unassembled lowers for future projects and still plan on Jewel and JP for those just to see how I like them.

A broken in RRA trigger set is a fine trigger at a good price. I have been at the range and saw a Jewel break which gives me some pause on that one but it could have been a fluke. I have not seen a JP fail. Is anyone using a JP now?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
They are both single stage and have similar pulls and breaks. The McCormick really did just drop in. I think I like it better than the Timney. The Timney needed a little... convincing. :D

I think McCormick was working on a 2 stage dropin that would be better for me. Single stage is alright for targets, but I prefer 2 stage for a hunting or survival role.

I'm sitting here looking at my PWA that has the Timney in it and a NIB RRA set in a parts box. I may pop the Timney out later today and replace it. I'll see if the Timney fits better in one of my unassembled receivers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Timney skeleton fell right into a POF Gen3 lower. Maybe that is whay POF specs them on their builds.

Wish I got it for $70.

I thought lightening the hammer was just to reduce lock time and hammer inertia. Should have no bearing on trigger feel or function- very slight accuracy improvement if everything else has been tweaked and running match ammo,...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts