FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Palin sounded a bit like her when trying to answer Couric's questions the other night. She's not the greatest when it comes to answer questions that she isn't prepared for. Actually, she sounds like every other politician and tries to walk around the question and insert something not related that they think is important/is what their campaign is based on.

·
Registered
630 Posts
palin sounded like Obama without a teleprompter

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not really. For the most part she talks pretty eloquently. They just busted her on a comment she probably wishes she never said. She should have simply said. "Yeah, I wish I could take that back, wasn't really what I wanted to say" (about Russia being in her back yard). That'd have been better than stumbling thru and answer.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya know that Russia statement she made makes me think of a question I'd like to ask Mrs Palin. Since Russia is in your back yard (52 miles from alaska) Why haven't you ever went there? I mean her husband has a boat.

I still say McCain made a big mistake picking her. Then again I think the Republican party made a big mistake picking the 72 year old McCain.

I only have to words - RON PAUL.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
From what I've seen, and I admit that I could be wrong, Palin is a normal everyday working Mom that decided she could do as good a job as a mayor or governor or VP as anyone else. And she had the guts and drive to take a swing at it in order to better the situation of herself and those around her. Her record clearly shows that she makes decisions based on what is good for the average person.

Before I even think about slamming her for not being perfect, I have to ask myself, would I have the energy and courage to be the parent of 4 (later 5) children and take on the responsibility that she did? No, I wouldn't, would you? Have you? She knows full well that she is in the deep end of the pool and doesn't have all the knowledge she needs yet. You can bet she is a little nervous. She didn't expect this to happen, but she didn't shy away when it was offered. She will get the info she needs (probably studying day and night right now) and she will have people with knowledge at her every minute she needs it.

She didn't grow up surrounded by riches and the elite class. She got her values and experience from living a normal life like us. She is much more like you and me than an Al Gore or a George Bush. Just like if you or me were in her postion, we would not put up with the regular BS that is todays US government. She has done mostly good things in Alaska that you or I may have done. She is not perfect but are any of us?

Every one of us is unhappy with the "leaders" we currently have. We complain that we have to vote for the lesser of two evils every election. Maybe what we need is someone from a different background, one that is more rooted in the PTA and real public service.

Back in 1990 I worked in Conroe Texas at an electrical supply store. My boss was the mayor of a small town near Conroe called "Cut-n-Shoot" Texas. (I kid you not) His name is Mark Patterson. For five years I got to know him and his "other" job as being a mayor for that tiny town. It's a thankless position that eats up your personal time and forces you to deal with every little cry baby problem your neighbors can throw at you.

How would any of us regular people do in Palins current position? Do you want to be on TV fielding unknown questions knowing full well you have not had the time yest to learn everything you need to? The guts it must take for her to stick her chin out like that, to question her every response, to be scared to death yet not back away. She has confidence in who she is. She trusts her decision making skills. She is not afraid to walk into unknown territory and have to perform.

She is not the type of person to yield to lobbiests. She is more likely to put us first in her thoughts. I don't fear her lack of foreign affairs, I feel she is more likely to make better decisions because she hasn't been rubbing elbows with people like that.

The VP position will not be that dramatic anyway. She will be a good barometer for McCain when he wants to know her thoughts on a decision. That is if he consults her. If McCain passes while in office, I think you will see her grab the bull by the horns, ask for advice, and make decisions that are in our best interest.

Just my 2 cents... go Palin, knock em' dead girl.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TA, I don't care if she slept at a Holiday Inn or not. You just don't wake up one day and say "Hey, I think I'll go down to the local Hospital and give a shot at brain surgery, that sounds like fun". It may be bold, and it may have taken alot of guts or it may also be foolish delusions of grandeur. Your are correct that at this time she is a lump of coal and under pressure she MIGHT turn into a diamond. My concern is due to her lack of knowledge (which is so great), who's going to be doing the advising to her, because thats who has the real power.

Let me ask this one question. When did she ever put the people 1st and her carreer on the line or corporatations in back seat? Didn't hear her bitching about EXXON backing out of paying for their Valdez oil spill.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
"Hey, I think I'll go down to the local Hospital and give a shot at brain surgery, that sounds like fun".

Please tell me you didn't just compare politicians to brain surgeons. :-D

·
Registered
262 Posts
I like her. I respect her for going up against a corrupt system in Alaska - cleaning up her own party. She really is the ideal American political story and I have a lot of admiration for what she did. But I agree with Doc - she is WAY out of her league at this point. A breathe of fresh air on the political scene would be welcome but now is not the time. McCain was too old 10 years ago and, as unpleasant as it is to discuss, I think you have to take his age and his medical history in to account.

You could say the same thing about Obama and his experience.

Vote Bob Barr

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Well, let's see how she does Thursday night. If she does her stutter routine and has trouble coming up with coherant answers, I'll agree she needs to be replaced. I'm hoping though that she slam dunks Biden and smiles while doing it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey she needs to be carefull "slam dunking" Biden. Ol Pres. Clintin got in loads of crap for doing things like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts