FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McDonald’s Ad: “I’m Lovin’ It When China Wins”

The Olympics are supposed to be about the spirit of competition among nations although we all know the games are about making money. With that in mind, McDonald’s is seizing the opportunity to promote its brand - even if it’s at the expense of America.

Ronald, Grimace, the Hamburglar, and the other characters at McDonald’s have chosen the slogan “Wo jiu xihuan Zhongguo ying,” for their Chinese marketing campaign. When translated the phrase means “I love it when China wins.” Think “I’m Lovin’ It” with a sino addendum.

This is problematic for several reasons with the top being that McDonald’s is openly supporting the Chinese. Brian Sullivan of the Fox Business Channel breaks sums up how all Americans should feel.

“Supporting the host nation is one thing … and you’re spending a lot of money on the Games and it’s appreciated. But show your appreciation to the American athletes and don’t openly pander to China’s Olympic fervor. Remember: you are an American company. You were built here”

It’s hard to believe that McDonald’s couldn’t come up with a way to appease the Chinese government without turning their back on the United States. As American as McDonald’s seems they’re still a money grubbing corporation that will do anything for a few extra bucks. Americans should voice their displeasure by boycotting McDonald’s during the Beijing Olympics.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/mcdonalds-sells-out-to-the-chinese-at-olympics-18687

·
Registered
350 Posts
its obviously been this way forever

Americans eat Mcdonalds, Americans get fat, China wins
:lol:

bastards

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Maybe Ronald is putting a little lead in the meat.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have been boycotting Mcdonalds for years. I use to like their food back in the 70's and 80's. That's when they fried the french fries in lard and they used real cheese on the burgers. Now they fry the fries in some kind of fat fee vegetable oil and they taste like card board sticks, as for the cheese they use now, I have no idea what it is, but it's just gross. There are three Mcdonalds in my town and they are all Mcnasty!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
412 Posts
I stopped eating Mcdonalds when I started belching it up all day.
There is definatetly something wrong with their food. It is the only fast food chain that has burgers that I have this problem with. So what exactly is in that meat? :evil:

Boycott their asses! Support the U.S. ! Not those Lead in everthing Commies! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I eat there about once a year. Usually when I'm on the road and need to stop and grab a bite and they are the only place available.

I'm a sucker for KFC though... when I die, if the mortician chooses to look, all he will find in my clogged arteries is good ol' KFC salty original recipie batter sludge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts