FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With many TDYs I have gone on, very few were deployed with weapons. I had a chance with the E160th SOAR as our customers to pose with a M240G and a M134.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Wow - that is a very cool gun :cool:

(as the pic was 3x wide than my monitor, I shrank it down do we can see it on 1 screen.)

U guys get all the kewl weapons :shock:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I dont get to play with anything but every 3 years to qualify, just my AFSC in the Air Force. However, if you do deploy with the right people, you can have tons of fun.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I wish I had a basement with a safe room like that! :-D

TA

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL yeah, that was a rack of M-4s with scopes and regular tops. On my right was the rack that had the M240G, and to the left a couple crates of M134 vulcan miniguns, and it was my sorry job to guard them when everyone was gone. Oh and somewhere was a rack of M9s as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
B52, agreed. 240G= no heatshield
the G's are the tanker models right? has a trigger and grip set up like a M-2 .50BMG

either way the M240 is a very good friend to have,.. now i gotta dig out the pictures i have of the M249 i lugged around Iraq.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The G has a pistol grip but no heatshield. I believe the D has the spade grip like the M2. The C is set up to be operated from inside a vehicle/tank- if memory serves. The heatshield on the B is a sound addition to the system, in that it decreases the likelihood of the operator burning him/herself; I would think it would cause the barrel to retain heat however, resulting in reduced barrel life and less flexibility when it comes to changing barrels to prevent stoppages/malfunctions and cook-offs.
my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts