FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a message I recieved from a friend at work.

Hello everyone,
As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along
that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit
to 'The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened.
He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to
meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers were lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't
say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he
finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent
that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so
he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned
the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home
that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to
make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are
providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas
Cowboy Cheer leaders than from Senator, who wants to be the President of the
United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our
Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those
that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind

of caliber of person he really is. What you
see in the news is all fake.

In service,
CPT Jeffrey S. Porter
Battle Captain
TF Wasatch
American Soldier

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Doesn't surprise me at all. He will never be able to relate to a Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine as the elitist he is. Smoke and Mirrors for the folks back home.

I'm really interested to see what snopes.com digs up on the truthfulness of this letter. I understand they are researching it as this thing has exploded across the web.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm sure that many service members want to shake Obamas hand and have their picture with him and have him address them personally.

This soldiers view is valid to his desires. After being involved in Many, many, many dog and pony shows as a member of the rent-a-crowd I'd rather he spend his limited time getting the low down from the higher ups and not waist my time with flowerly speech and at-a-boys. But thats me.

I know it must be disheartning not to have an oppertunity to have a picture to show Mom and Dad back home. Get over it. I'd remind the service member that he has the right to Petition Congress for any redress he feels he was denied.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
It still yet another example as to why this guy is just complete scum and an empty suit with no real values.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am glad snopes did there homework but part of me is dissapointed because I just can't stand Obama.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Well, i was kinda hoping this was true, what an A$$. He makes people that serve this country look bad

·
Registered
630 Posts
Topper said:
I am glad snopes did there homework but part of me is disappointed because I just can't stand Obama.
don't lose your faith in things but snopes is very biased and tends to be left of liberail

·
Registered
408 Posts
Oh, I don't know if they are lefty or righty to be honest... hard facts like video of the said incidents make it kinda hard to dispute. Not to mention that there's a picture of Obama shaking hands with a soldier in another thread on this very forum.

Snopes debunks crap about Republicans too, like the one where GW was supposedly looking thru binoc's that were capped. It was put out there to show how dumb GW was, but it was a photoshop job as I recall.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Obama, but mudslinging isn't right even if it comes from the right.

Where's Reginald Denny when we need him... hehe

Zhur

·
Registered
630 Posts
the video I saw of the photo shoot had soldiers with their backs to him not what you would expect with all the hype

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I still think that he is going to win as president :cry:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
all he is a darker skinned john kerry ( i`m Puerto Rican so I can comment on him i`m not caucasian and not a racist), sh*t i got more respect for kerry atleast kerry was in the military. I personally think all of the forum members should just say F U Obama, and vote to McCain, just because he is such a pos in my eyes. If anyone deserves the respect and votes of the military ( past present and futures) its McCain.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
iCeMaN said:
iceman why do you think i been stocking up on ammo mags, firearms, etc, I can see this nutjob and other demo`s bringing back a the assault weapons ban

·
Banned
328 Posts
Hate Obama all you want but if he wins I still going to be glad it wasn't Hillary. We need to concentrate on a republican congress to go with the democrat in the White House (face it - Mcain's campaign is floundering, to a lot of people he looks like "more of the same" so its not looking good for him) then we get 4-8 years of sweet, sweet gridlock.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
workingman1976 said:
iCeMaN said:
iceman why do you think i been stocking up on ammo mags, firearms, etc, I can see this nutjob and other demo`s bringing back a the assault weapons ban
Me too! I have tons of 50 cal ammo cans full of ammo! After this round of ammo buying, ill have close to 30 cans of ammo!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Agree with kanthek. I don't see McCain beating Obama. If this Bob Barr stays in the race he will pull votes from McCain's extreme neo-conservative group.

I'd rather have 60 republican Senators. The House would be very hard to get the majority in, after what has happened. The Senate is do-able.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
We can only hope...maybe the weapons ban wont go through....

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
you know the dem`s will push for some type of crime bill its going to happen, but this time i wont be stuck with 125 dollar high cap glock 17 mags. i will have all i wanted before hand and them some

1 - 18 of 18 Posts