FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mexican troops cross U.S. border, hold agent

Wed Aug 6, 2008 6:58pm EDT

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Mexican soldiers briefly held a U.S. Border Patrol agent at gunpoint in a remote stretch of the Arizona desert after they mistakenly strayed north across the border, authorities said on Wednesday.

Tucson sector Border Patrol spokesman Mike Scioli said four Mexican soldiers wearing desert camouflage and carrying weapons confronted the agent early on Sunday morning as he patrolled a border road in the Tohono O'Odham nation southwest of Tucson.

Scioli said the agent repeatedly identified himself in English and Spanish. After four minutes the soldiers lowered their weapons and crossed back in to Mexico on foot.

The stretch of desert is frequently crossed by human and drug smugglers from Mexico, and the border line in the area is not always clearly marked, Scioli said.

A spokesman for the U.S. State Department said the incursion had been brought to the attention of the Mexican government, and appeared to be accidental.

"Our understanding is that this encounter stemmed from a momentary misunderstanding as to the exact location of the U.S.-Mexican border," Gonzalo Gallegos said.

"We recognize that occasional incidents such as this can and do occur. But we take the misunderstanding seriously, as does the Government of Mexico."

Incursions by Mexican military personnel into the United States over the nearly 2,000-mile (3,200-km) southwest border are not uncommon. Scioli said 42 incidents had been reported since October 1 last year.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN069920080806

·
Vendor
5,619 Posts
:evil:
"Our understanding is that this encounter stemmed from a momentary misunderstanding as to the exact location of the U.S.-Mexican border," Gonzalo Gallegos said.

They STILL don't know where the border is??????????
yeah.......riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Those soldiers were probably shipping drugs across the border and had to cover their tracks when they met our border patrol.

Looks like we might be going to war against mexico soon! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The Mexican soldiers left on foot? Why didn't the Borderpatrolman arrest them? Call in a air strike, do something.

Lets see 1) They crossed the border illegaly.
2) They drought illegal weapons across the border. Probably FA's
3) They threatned a US law enforcement officer. (I seem to
remember mexico arrested a US Military member for the
same thing)
4) As a foreign Military force operating without US authorization,
I think thats called an invasion.

And yes,you know damn well they were running drugs.

If that Border Patrolman had shot or killed those mexican military members, he probably would have been sharing a cell will the other two Border Partolman that shot that drug dealer. hugh.

I still say we put US Active Duty Military on the border.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I say we empty out the senate, the house of reps, and white house, and put some folks with guts and common sense in office. People that understand their job is to do the will of the people instead of ignoring what the people want and doing what is best for them personally.

Congress has a 20% approval rating and they couldn't care less. 8 out of every 10 people disaprove of what congress is doing. Why we aren't having a revolution right now is beyond me. What will have to happen in order to start one? It's the only way to fix all the things that are wrong, congress wants things just the way they are or they would change things.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have long considerd this invasion by Mexicans as a violation of our sovereignty but these border crossings by the Mexican military I consider an "act of war". We should have our military on the boarder mostly because the military is the only Government entitiy that is honest and tries to do the best they can do, even with congress screwing them every chance they get.

We should have serveral Brigade combat teams on the border with orders to kill or capture any foriegn military or drug smugglers. End of story

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Topper said:
I have long considerd this invasion by Mexicans as a violation of our sovereignty but these border crossings by the Mexican military I consider an "act of war". We should have our military on the boarder mostly because the military is the only Government entitiy that is honest and tries to do the best they can do, even with congress screwing them every chance they get.

We should have serveral Brigade combat teams on the border with orders to kill or capture any foriegn military or drug smugglers. End of story
Sounds like a good plan or beef up border patrol with SCARS and P90's!!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Give them some Abrams and Bradley's to go along with the P90's and SCARS. We could also throw in a few A-10 since the Air Force wants to get rid of them. Might as well put them to good use. :D

·
Administrator
11,196 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:

Congress has a 20% approval rating...
Congress has less than a 10% approval rating right now. You give them way too much more credit than they deserve.

Lets not forget that there are over 14 million illegal mexicans (note that I did not call them UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS as the liberals do) in the US currently. If only 1 million of them are willing to support the Mexican government, that means that we have 1 million potential problems in the US. The US does not have 1 million troops stationed in Mexico.

Be they mexicans, illegal or otherwise, the problem remains - piss off the Mexican government (which supports illegal border crossings, supports and participates in drug trafficking, and sends their armed forces into the US to harass our border patrol agents) and we are looking at a third front.

Lets not forget that the Mexican government still considers Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, and Nevada THEIR territories that the US has invaded and taken posession of illegally.

·
Registered
88 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^

Let them come and take it!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

The Mexican Government is in shambles. It won't even be around in a few years. Mexico is about to be run by Drug loards. So it is even more pressing that we handle this now because when they take over we will see a larger influx of Mexican's wanting into this country. And it's not 14 million it's at least 20 Million. So hold your nose because we are about to be in deep ****!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
he should of open fired on them and filed a report so it becomes aware to the public sh*t even if he died it would of been reported to the news this sh*t got to end we gotta stop they f*ckers from doing this sh*t :!:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts