FN Herstal Firearms banner

Midway sale

5K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  ShipWreck 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I Got half a caseof 195 from tanners this month they are the cheapest with fast shipping that was 1000 rds for 330.00 shiped

I just get a midway flier so i posted it

#8 ·
abpt1 said:
1000 rds for 330.00 shiped
That is a pretty good price. I can't afford to buy that much at 1 time, though.

The 250 rounds I just got in yesterday was the most I can buy at 1 time. I have 600 rounds saved now.

I bought 250 rounds of 195. 195 is hard to come by in my area. Everyone seems to only carry 197. So far, I've only fired about 10 rounds of 195 to compare where it hits compared to the 197. It's about the same. So, now the loaded mag I keep on the gun has 40 rounds of 195 in it (I only load the mag to 40 when I keep it at home)

#10 ·
Fargo said:
ShipWreck said:
So, now the loaded mag I keep on the gun has 40 rounds of 195 in it (I only load the mag to 40 when I keep it at home)
Why do you only load 40 rounds when your at home?
There was another thread about this - about underloading mags.

I Always underload my mags by 1 usually, on a handgun.

In this case - 40 rounds is PLENTY. I figure its plenty of ammo, and it is also not compressing the spring all the way.

#12 ·
Fargo said:
I always load mags to their full capacity. The exception is AR mags are loaded down to 28 to ease insertion when the bolt is closed.

Guns are tools to be used, not babied by under loading.
Well, there was a thread on this a while back. We all have our opinions about this. I have seen magazine springs slowly wear a bit. I've got some HK USPc mags that are no longer locking the slide back - I'm in the process of changing them.

And, we have all heard posts of new gun owners who can't load that last round into a new mag - they are told to leave the mag loaded for a couple of weeks, and it will be easier. So, spring tension does change over time.

The PS90 isn't my goto gun in a home defense situation. But if I need it, 40 vs 50 won't make a difference anyway. If the SHTF, then I'd load up all my mags to capacity.

#13 ·
First off every mechanic learns first to take care of his tools before he learns anything.

Second springs Will retain a memory may not out right fail but after time they will start to jam & misfeed.

Third when this happens you can still streach it out heat it with a propane torch and dip it in oil this is will harden it but after two or three time it gets weak/brittle.

I worked on motorcycles/small eng /marine repair also in steel fabractation for ten years before i went bact to school for Computers(network administrations).

Still out of all my guns i keep one .40 cal mag loaded and i keep my .357 5 shot loaded look if i cant kill some one breaking in my house with 9 .40 cal 165 gr hydra shocks and 5 full bore .357mag 100gr powerball rounds and a few speed loaders with 158 gr hydra shocks

then maybe i will try a wooden stake or chop off its head lol :lol:

#14 ·
Well, this topic always gets discussed to the end of the earth. In the early to mid 1990s, almost everyone I spoke w/ underloaded their handgun mags by 1 round.

IN this case, I can't afford to easily by other mags. And there are no replacement wolf springs for the PS90. And, it doesn't really matter if I have 40 or 50 rounds in a mag while the gun is sitting at home inbetween shooting sessions. So, I'm just a guy who likes to keep it at 40 :? :? :?

#15 ·
Anyway - back on topic - I just ordered 1000 rounds of 5.7. I did not go thru Midway because I didn't wanna pay for 2000 rounds - although their price for 2000 was very, very good.

When buying less than 2000, Midway's price was the same as CMMG. I have ordered from CMMG several times now, and I really, really like their service. So, I ordered from them.

I can't get any 5.7 locally - my shop has been out for 2 months. And, I'm always having to order a few boxes at a time. In nearby Houston, the cheapest price I've found is like $27 per box when U include sales tax. It's actually cheaper by $1 if I just buy 1 box at a time and have each one shipped to me seperately :p

Anyway, I used part of my "next gun" money to buy that - and will probably buy a target 22 soon. Then, that's it for me the rest of the year for new guns. I'll probably use whatever cash I scrounge up for more ammo and more PS90 mags.

#16 ·
if you plan on storage this is how i do it i wrap each box in plastic wrap two or three times around each end then a few sec with a hair dryer to seal it 30 or 50 cal ammo boxes with some silca packs in it make sure the cans are sealed good then a cool dry place that ammo will be good for years.

#17 ·
Yea, I'll figure something out. It is for storage, but I will be cycling thru it as I buy more to shoot. I hope to keep this 1000 plus the 600 I already have in reserve.

I bought 1000 of the 197 because I have read that the lead free 195 won't store as long. I do have 350 rounds of 195, however (I have 250 and actually ordered 1000 of 197 and 100 of 195).

Later this year I will try to build that 1600 up to 2000. Being that there really is 1 manufacturer for the ammo basically, I wanna have my bases covered. I like the rifle too much to dump it one day because of a lack of ammo.

#18 ·
dont sweat it well will teach you how to reload if that happens its realy not that hard.

Plus the more ammo that sells the more they will make look they still make rnds like 44-40 205 GR COWBOY or 458 LOTT 500 GR RN
who has these gun ? no one i know......

#19 ·
abpt1 said:
dont sweat it well will teach you how to reload if that happens its realy not that hard.
If it came down to it, I guess I would take up reloading, if the 5.7 amo were ever discontinued.

Anyway, hopefully, it will keep selling and the guns keep selling :)

I heard that the five seven pistol actually wholesales for $500-something, but that the dealers are doubling the price because of demand. Anyone know if this is true?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.