FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I guess we could open a topic in a new thread about the pros and cons of both of the recent designs vs the 1913.
-Keymod vs M-Lok refresher course.

What is easier to clean (mud)?
What is the weight difference per Scar product?
What harmonics change from 1913 steel rail to aluminium for the long range guys, if any are noticed?
Which one is easier to "rig" a light or vertical grip when there are no stores to by from (SHTF or hunting in the woods)?
Lastly, why is the PWS design the only one with the lower front for the tac light?

MI,
Thanks for keeping the evolution coming for us Scar-heads.

·
Vendor
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have a SSR version along with what I call the Socom version coming out next . The Socom is 1.5 INCHES shorter and the top section of rail is as low as we can go while still retaining the ability to access the gas plug and piston. I designed this one based on feed back I received from troops using 13 inch guns. Both will be M-LOK
thank you
TROY
MI

·
Registered
162 Posts
looks great, i have your m-lok rail on my AR and its great. I will be looking into this for sure. In my opinion m-lok is going to replace keymod

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I also have a SSR version along with what I call the Socom version coming out next . The Socom is 1.5 INCHES shorter and the top section of rail is as low as we can go while still retaining the ability to access the gas plug and piston. I designed this one based on feed back I received from troops using 13 inch guns. Both will be M-LOK
thank you
TROY
MI
The SOCOM version sounds interesting and I like the M-LOK design, glad I've been holding off on a rail.

Reactions: farmerted

·
Vendor
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are going to be running the SSR units first then the socom. I would say two months. We are going as fast as we can but machine time is very short . :)
We will be working on them as a priority .
thanks
TROY
MI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts