FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,709 Posts
I honestly see his point here. Malfunctions absolutely safe the weapon. Transitions i would due to the moving parts involved, especially in a dynamic environment like he says. Reloading, I could go either way , but considering the fact that you're already doing it for malfs and transitions it makes sense to engage the safety to achieve consistency in training in order to reduce the risk of forgetting to engage the safety during the other two movements.

· Registered
1,709 Posts
I'll definitely have to rethink my long gun tactics, but I will still hold to not using my safety on my ECW.
Thats what kind of trips me up with his teachings to always engage the safety during reloads.

The M9 has a safety that will decock the hammer when activated. I see it as an unecessary step when reloading to take the pistol from single to double action. But, I guess when you're as good as these guys are it really doesn't matter due to their proficiencies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.