FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm glad to see we are putting them to use instead of letting them rust. The type of equipment doesn't make a police department militarized near as much as the way they conduct business. The courts will always be the defining factor. People worried about police departments buying these have the same thought process as the gun grabbing liberals. Just on opposite sides of the line. If you don't break the law and shoot at people, then you won't have one of these approaching your front door. Of course I might be worried if California and New York police departments were buying them.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
How do I get one???

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
^^^^The answer we've all been waiting for to fend off those suffering from road rage.^^^^ Ahh that look on the face of the jackass who just recklessly cut in front of you on your morning commute when you swing the turret then lower and aim the barrel. Priceless! Let the LEO's have their MRAP's I'd prefer a tank.

Not sure about a MRAP. But the Israeli Sherman looks good. Talk about open carry!

It's Legal To Buy A Tank, And Some Just Came Up For Sale! | The Federalist Papers

Reactions: IGC224

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I can understand certain needs for LE but an M109 self-propelled howitzer is NOT one of them. WTF!

Here's how our Sheriff rolls...

Obviously the tank is just for show

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I'm glad to see we are putting them to use instead of letting them rust. The type of equipment doesn't make a police department militarized near as much as the way they conduct business. The courts will always be the defining factor. People worried about police departments buying these have the same thought process as the gun grabbing liberals. Just on opposite sides of the line. If you don't break the law and shoot at people, then you won't have one of these approaching your front door. Of course I might be worried if California and New York police departments were buying them.
That's assuming that all law enforcement officers or departments are responsible human beings and do the right thing. There have been too many examples of "bad eggs". The " there's always a bad egg in the bunch" argument only goes so far. I thought the forum just had this discussion with the whole Bundy incident? Military personal aren't allowed to deploy on US soil for a reason. So what'd the solution? Arm up law enforcement with military equipment?

·
Registered
136 Posts

Yeah..........like at the Kooresh "compound" when the negotiator told them " ah.....they're just having fun with new toys. This is probably going to be their only chance to drive a tank throughout their whole carreer". The mere fact that thes idjits can procure a palladin scares the bejeezus out of me. Did they acquire the ammo bearing unit for it as well? Do they have ammo for that sucker?! (Some of that sh!t can take out a grid square!) They will find a reason, ANY reason to use this equipment. If they own it, then they probably sent some guys to school to use it too. WTF?!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
To protect and serve.............A community is as strong as it's citizens if the citizens in that community are proactive in policing for crime on their own there is no need for LE,And most certainly not a need for a militarized version .

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Except, when it comes time to justify the costs of these things, they'll be used in situations that don't require them. Like using a SWAT team on a no-knock warrant for something minor. "Remember the old adage, when your only tool is a hammer, every problem starts looking like a nail".

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yeah..........like at the Kooresh "compound" when the negotiator told them " ah.....they're just having fun with new toys. This is probably going to be their only chance to drive a tank throughout their whole carreer". The mere fact that thes idjits can procure a palladin scares the bejeezus out of me. Did they acquire the ammo bearing unit for it as well? Do they have ammo for that sucker?! (Some of that sh!t can take out a grid square!) They will find a reason, ANY reason to use this equipment. If they own it, then they probably sent some guys to school to use it too. WTF?!
No. Literally. The tank is for show.
Not the worlds most reliable news source but here you go cannabisnews.com: Sheriff Deploys Howitzer in War on Drugs

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Joes%20tank.jpg
Actor Steven Seagal Sued for Driving Tank into Arizona Home, Killing Puppy - Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...gal-and-sheriff-joe-arpaio-dispute-puppycide/

Used for the war on drugs and the occasional cock fighting ring! Whats next, disturbing the peace complaints?
Unweaponized APC's for active shooter response is one thing, but a 155mm self-propelled howitzer is a violation of federal law.
Furthermore, I would not be happy if any type of armored vehicle came crashing throw my house because the police had the wrong address.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
View attachment 28146
Actor Steven Seagal Sued for Driving Tank into Arizona Home, Killing Puppy - Forbes

Actor Steven Seagal and Sheriff Joe Arpaio Dispute Puppycide - Forbes

Used for the war on drugs and the occasional cock fighting ring! Whats next, disturbing the peace complaints?
Unweaponized APC's for active shooter response is one thing, but a 155mm self-propelled howitzer is a violation of federal law.
Furthermore, I would not be happy if any type of armored vehicle came crashing throw my house because the police had the wrong address.
Absolutely right. Its easy to see how this could spin out of control... First MRAPS and then? And after that? Meanwhile civilians are being regulated to hell in back in what they can own? :( its BS really.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
So that's a toy tank, since the muzzle is painted orange???

Reactions: Spilz and SeaMac

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So that's a toy tank, since the muzzle is painted orange???
No. Since it was donated back in 99' by the DOD and the barrel was disabled and plugged. The tank was made into a classroom to educate children about the war on drugs. ://:

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Hey DOD, I'm accepting donations...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hey DOD, I'm accepting donations...
Here here. I know they have a surplus of humvees just sitting around rotting somewhere...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts