FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if its been covered...I've been searching for the last 25 minutes....nothing.

Any thought discussion been given to having the optic "handle" of the standard PS90 milled down to a minimum thickness on top and a simple rail installed to mount a reflex/red dot sight?

This is a hack job of a photoshop but you get the idea....

It would bevery similar to the TriRail version except from my laymans observations it would appear you could mill more of the optic handle area and mount a generic length of rail and it would be lower than the TriRail version of the PS90....

ANyway, some of you are very handy and seem to have the capabilities and tools for such a project...any thoughts?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please no offense...but I was looking for a gunsmith to modify MY receiver...not spend another $400-500 on a new receiver...then optics, etc, etc. I've been looking at the Thompson Machine version in depth for days....

I've looked into modifying a BM M17S (bullpup AR). Like Kurts Kustom Firearms in FLA does...that kind of idea...maybe a couple hundred dollars to grind off MY handle, making it nice and level and drill a couple holes to mount a generic section of rail.

Plus, if I did get a new receiver in MI I gotta re-register it as ANOTHER handgun...in MI PS90s are considered handguns requiring registration...

Anyway. This is your playground, I'm just visiting...no flame meant.

Cheers,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Middle thread is on topic. Thanks very much.

As stated I didn't mean offense.

I'm on many forums (as I'm sure you are too..) and it seems so many people are iching to take offense if you don't jump up and down and agree with them asap. Not saying thats you...

I had perused that thread but the initial images of the raw receiver threw me and I quickly passed it. MY mistake.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If anyone is reading this and REALLY wants a tri-rail, I WILL TRADE YOU MY MINT TRI RAIL DAMN IT!!!

I need factory optics to match the FS. :oops:

·
Registered
520 Posts
i think that's the first i have seen on that mod- and it looks OUTSTANDING! if the factory tri-rail was set up like that, i would have gotten it over the white ring in a heartbeat.

are there plans for anyone to do something like that on a production basis? that or a longer (coming BACK further) rail on the thompson machine receiver would be amazing!

·
Registered
95 Posts
im working on another right now. it will super super super low profile and use a Trijicon Docter red dot. should be done with the machine work this weekend. ill make a thread when im a tad closer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hank said:
i think that's the first i have seen on that mod- and it looks OUTSTANDING! if the factory tri-rail was set up like that, i would have gotten it over the white ring in a heartbeat.

are there plans for anyone to do something like that on a production basis? that or a longer (coming BACK further) rail on the thompson machine receiver would be amazing!
i do some minor gunsmithing on my own, but this first PS project i had some help on. Its not something that would be a production piece, but i imagine the machginist would be willing to replicate it.

im sure if you talk to thompson he would do a 1-off longer rail for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts