FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned from a recent hog hunting trip with 150 pounds of organic pork, but lacking the rear backup iron sight from my SCAR's Elcan SpecterDR scope. The screws must have backed out as I was running around the fields.

When I contacted my retailer, the good folks at Eurooptic, they suggested I contact Elcan. Elcan suggested I contact the distributor Armament Technology, who said I can by a full set of backup sights for $71.

I am not sure that I want to drop $71 for crappy sights that I do not think I will ever use, but I wanted to see if anyone else had had the same problem, and had come up with a better solution.

Thanks,
JD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Sarge. To clarify, those sights mount on the rail, not on the Elcan, right?

Thanks again,
JD

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
What rail?

The Elcan has offset (L-R) and center positions for the BUIS. MRD base mounts in the center which leaves the 11 & 2 o'clock positions open for the BUIS.

TY

-SS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha - sorry for the confusion. Just took another look at my scope to understand the rain sight mounts (frankly, I hadn't paid much attention to them, except to realize that I was missing something!).

Thanks again,
JD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I mentioned in another post, my retailer, EuroOptic, reached out to US Elcan distributor Armament Technology and convinced them to replace the rear back up sight under warranty.

Props to EuroOptic.

-JD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts