FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to purchase the Mk2 style "Adjustable Combat Sights" for installation on my old-fashioned Mk1 USG? If so, where would I get them and for how much?
Or would FNH USA upgrade for me if I sent it in to the factory?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Seems to me like you could put them on the metal slide but the plastic slide cover wouldn't fit correctly because the hole in it would be different, maybe even too big and allow dirt to get under it. You can sometimes find them on gunbroker or Midwest gun works. Or try ordering them direct from FN parts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think that the sights are completely different where you find the sight on the USG "Longer" and the MKII is short.

Parts department carry the MKII slide assembly (they don't sell the sights separately)

Reactions: DarthPaul

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that the sights are completely different where you find the sight on the USG "Longer" and the MKII is short.

Parts department carry the MKII slide assembly (they don't sell the sights separately)
Then I guess my dream is over. Unless a Mk2 slide fits a USG Mk1 frame & barrel? (which I doubt)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Then I guess my dream is over. Unless a Mk2 slide fits a USG Mk1 frame & barrel? (which I doubt)
Well ... lets understand your setup and what you are trying to accomplish. So, you have a FsN USG with fixed sight?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
USG with adjustable sights as per the Mk 1. I just thought the Mk2 adjustable sights were better looking/ more rugged and wondered if it were possible to install them on a Mk1 USG.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I hear you ... have you looked into some of the custom work you can do on your USG sight? If I remember correctly, It was discussed here ...

one sec .... there you go:

Thread: Old post, please close this.

And just a recent vendor offers few other options for the FSN MKI MKII:
Five Seven Red. I like the fiver optic and its one of my future projects

check out EA products and you wont be disappointed

Hope this helps

Reactions: DarthPaul

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like that's going to be a long-term project then, after I have all my needs fulfilled. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The MKII will Not fit on the USG, I tried this project already. They wont fit on the metal slide, not even close enough to mod. If you switch to fixed sights there are more options like fiber optic or night sights that you can do without spending $300+ bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts