FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure some of you have read this story about surviving the Bosnian war/genocide of the 1990s. However, there are many valuable lessons about preparedness that one can learn from reading this article. I find myself reading this article every few months just to refresh my memory and check what else i can acquire to be better prepared.
Enjoy:

One Year In Hell?Surviving a Full SHTF Collapse in Bosnia | SilverDoctors.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very powerful and informative ....makes me want to stock pile more but on a limited budget a little at a time is my best thank you for sharing that story !

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your welcome Tommygun45. There is a lot of theory crafting when we think of how to better prepare for SHTF since good real life lessons/examples are rare, which is a good thing in itself. However, the Bosnian war happened in Europe and during recent times and a lot of what happened there could occur here and hence what they prepared for or didn't can help us in preparing.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks for posting that up OP. I spent 6 months in Kosovo, and never considered it had been this bad for the people there, as I arrived way later as part of KFOR. It's amazing how quickly people forget and become complacent though.

Anyway...it was a good read.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kerberos you are right about how quickly people forget that's why History keeps repeating itself. Somewhere in the human DNA there is a self destruct sequence embedded :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I was there. He should have taken his family and left.

No one should have to be told that the cities are going to become hell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts