FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has tried the Monarch Blue Box ammo from Academy Sports? It is steel cased like the Wolf ammo, but appears to be laquer coated instead of poly coated. the 9MM currently sells for $7.89/box.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also shoot a lot of the CCI Blazer and WWB, but they both continue to go up in price. Most of my trips to the range now consist of 50 rounds of 9MM CCI Blazer thru my S & W 3913 (will now use my FNP-9M as well), 50 rounds of 38 reloads thru my Marlin lever action, then 200-250 rounds of 22LR thru my P22. Just looking for economical ways to be able to keep shooting.

I bought a Saiga 7.62 x 39 about a month ago for the same reason: shoots cheap ammo and is lots of fun.

I picked up 2 boxes of the Monarch Blue Box 9MM last week, so I will give it a try Saturday. I know it will shoot in the 3913, but not sure about the FNP.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot a box of the Monarch Blue Box in 9MM Saturday. Has a strange chemical smell and is dirty. Also, some rounds seemed more powerful than others.

After this experiment I have decided to stick with name brand 9MM, since I can get WWB at Wal Mart for $18.42/100 and CCI Blazer at Academy for $9.99/50. I also have several boxes of S & B, UMC and Federal in my cache that I can fall back on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.