FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Tri-rail/forearm for my FS2K from Monolith Arms. I placed my order on Sept 19th, received an E-mail invoice/conformation/order #, but as of yet no forearm?... I have E-mailed them twice, without a response. Should I be worried?, are they THAT busy?, is the part out of stock?, are they on vacation?... No phone number makes me feel assed-out as far as getting an answer.

Their stuff looks really great and everybody seems happy with their products, so I'm trying to remain optomistic, but...

Anyone with info, input, better contacts with/within Monolith Arms, please advise.

Thanks
Jarrod

·
Registered
111 Posts
toward the tail end of that ill-fated group buy, monolith stated that they only had 2-4 left. they are probably out of that first batch.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Try sending him a PM - U can find his profile by going to the groupbuy message - He participated in that thread. Then click on "PM"

·
Banned
114 Posts
Hey, Jarrod. If you find anything out let me know because i'm in the same boat as you. I ordered mine on September 16th and haven't heard anything either. I had assumed I would get it right away since others have gotten their's and there were only 5 orders ahead of mine. If you find anything out please post it here. This will help both the consumer and the seller.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Monolith Concerns

To any and all concerned, have been corrisponding with Brian from Monolith Arms, as I have an order in as well, and this is the deal:

They were up til now working on new molds for an improved version of their FS2k Tri-rail Forearm. Just got an e-mail from him at the end of last week saying that they should be shipping in 2 weeks or so. They did have some blemished tri rails left over from the last run for $75, but they were pretty awful, with minor to major defects from improper molding. Having gotten pics of the worst 3 from Brian, would just as soon spend the money and wait.

On top of that, Unlike FN, S&W, KAHR and many others, they are a small outfit, more than likely with a small shop, just a couple of machines and not much personnel. So a little patience couldn't hurt.

Hope this alleviates some of your apprehension.

Regards, Gregg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the update Gregg...

It does relieve some of my apprehension(s). It would've been nice to receive some type of response though... I PM'd and E-mailed w/o response, ok the guy is busy working on the new model... that's awesome. Al posting on the forum as to status would've been nice though.

There is a type of excitement combined with apprehension at getting a "redesigned/new model." Has anyone seen these?, what have they changed?...

Gregg...any info/input? You obviously have better contact info/mojo than the rest of us.

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Monolith Concerns

J-rod,

To Me from Brian/Monolith Arms:

"There is not a waiting list for them, however if you send your money now, we will just ship one out to you when they are available, and yes they will be $150. The improved version has details that will, "for the most part" be unnoticeable. The two main things you would notice is a texture closer to the guns finish, and our name raised in the finish. Te rest of the "changes" are minor, and help us produce them faster."

One other thing about small outfit type shops( Having worked for an SOT myself for a number of years) is that when they are hounded or bombarded with e-mails and phone calls, they tend to tune people out. As such, I've been playing it cool with them, and they've been pretty good as far as their comms go.

Gregg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does that mean they ARE available? Or, does that mean existing orders will go out WHEN available? I received the E-mail order confirmation info and order #, but no foregrip.

I don't think I've bombareded them with messages = 2 E-mails and 1 PM.

This may turn into an issue for me though... I go on vacation next week and am worried about UPS leaving the package on my door-step for 10days - not good. That's the reason I ordered it almost a month ago....
But I can't get a hold of anybody to see what's going on and/or instruct them to hold it until I return...

Holding my breath :-?

·
Registered
163 Posts
monolith concerns

I'd say (and I'm no rocket scientist, but here goes) that when a retailer says "will ship in the next couple of weeks when production is complete" that means that when the product is available, I.E. in this case the next 2 weeks, they will ship them.

If you have an order number, confirmation and all that good kind of stuff, I wouldn't sweat it. Worried about it getting left on the door step? Have someone like a neighbor or something look out for it.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, like you I just sent $150 off to la la land, they got back to me , and now I'm waiting.

Gregg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait and see I guess... I am optomistic about this, especially lately, after the info you've helped provide.

Gregg, I didn't mean to imply you had an affiliation w/them, it just seemed you have/had better contact info/rapport with them than some of the rest of us.

I'm a cop, which means I am a control freak (on certain levels), and I like to collect as much info as possible when I have a "lead" on something... I wasn't trying to hound anyone...

No worries... :?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Selling stuff on the internet should be Simple. You shouldn't take peoples money if you don't have what you took their money for.
Monolith I hope that you get your act together...........................DJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
About the backup at Monolith

Guys I dont know if its true, I was looking for a sling today for my FS2000 and ran across their site.
They are saying that they are just getting the CC part of the program running,. I dont know if you can remember but the shopping cart when you went to check out. From my understanding if it had a Red icon above it it not working yet, you may want to check if you even have a order or atleast see if you have been charged. If it has a yellow Icon above the shoping cart they have who ever is doing the work testing it out for security and what ever else you have to do. I would think that should have been posted somewhere. Just like the other cop said, I got a lot "lead" on something too. Oh yea, you may want to go check out the site and read for yourself, something was said about stock also. I forsure want one and if they have the bug strightened out let me know. I am ready to buy, along with a sling too. I am just about to do what another guy on a forum did and make my own. I am tired of no sling, no handle and carrying it upside down. Plus the fact it easy to put your fingers in the trigger well and my rule is dont put your finger in the trigger well till your ready to fire. I guess everybody that owns a Glock knows that already. I have never had a accidental misfire on either, but I dont carry rounds in the chamber on either three at this time. I dont carry my Glocks, and I am not ready to put the FS2k in service yet.
But I could do this with my 1911 and it is chambered, locked and cocked and it wouldnt go bang.
I hate to see salemen sale women Glocks for their first firearm. Sorry Glock, don't mean the bad publicity, but its the God's honest truth. Put a safety on that thing. And I dont mean the kind that works when you drop it either, that one does work fine. I dont mean to rag on them, I own two, I just dont carry them, so therefore there is never a round in the chamber.
But since theres no chamber detector, you have to treat them like there is at all times.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I can't speak to the grip - but one of the best slings in the world for the FS2000 is made by Urban ERT - a sponsor here. I have his PS90 sling, and everyone I have heard from likes his FS2000 sling. Order one of those while U wait.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Monolith Concerns

Just heard from Brian at Monolith, he has indicated that the first few of the new run Tri Rails should be shipping in a couple of days. My last comms with them had delivery around 2 weeks from the 5th, but they are a small outfit, and things happen.

Anyway, when mine comes will put up a post.

Gregg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to let everyone know who has been waiting for the "NEW" tri-rail from Monolith Arms, that I just recieved mine on Friday the 2nd and that it was well worth the wait. I'm sure that others will be recieving theirs this week. It looks and feels great.. they did a real nice job on it.. hats off to Monolith.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sure would be nice to be able to order one online!

·
Registered
76 Posts
URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS FS2000

Domain1,
We have the slings in Black, OD-Green, Foliage Green, & Coyote always in stock ready to roar and we ship them the same day. Hope this helps.

Please go to the follwing link to place your order. The sling is displayed as a two point in the photo, however, it can be reconfigured into a single point at any time.

http://www.urbanertslings.com/phofpswitwop.html

This link will take you to the demonstration video to see how to convert the sling and the weapon management benefits of the hybrid sling system.

http://www.urbanertslings.com/slinin.html

Thanks,
Matt
URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS, LLC
President/CEO

·
Banned
114 Posts
It would seem our "concerns" were well founded since I have yet to receive my front grip. [insert frowney face emoticon here]

·
Registered
163 Posts
monolith concerns

"It would seem our "concerns" were well founded since I have yet to receive my front grip. [insert frowney face emoticon here]"

Yeah, well, Sad to say if I hadn't kept on top of them, they probably would not have gotten me mine when they did if at all either. Evidently the initial low pressure approach did not work.

On top of that, I'm seriously dissapointed. While the finish is not bad, there is close to a 1/16th gap where the inside curve of the grip connects to the stock, and whoever deburred the seam of the whole thing got a little overzealous, there is a real ugly chamfer in some spots and hardly any in others. Still, given that there is no other decent source for an accessory of this type, I'm not even going to bother contacting monolith about my dissapointments, I just wont shop with them or reccomend them to anybody anymore.

Gregg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Contact, you were able to contact them?!?!?... I've tried at least 3 times and never received a response. Hmmmm, the "no phone #" thing should've been the 1st clue.

I'm actually REALLY bummed though, I liked the look of the grip and it looked like it would be a great accy. Even the people that received the 1st "batch" seemed to love them. BUT, you never get a second chance to make that 1st impression.

The strangest thing is - You're a company, and you have probably hundereds (AT LEAST) of people, willing to throw $150.00 (a piece) at you, and you don't even try to court their $....

I understand they're a small company, and that life can get hectic, and that "things happen," but you would think that they would post on this forum and give an update/explanation/go F-yourself/something... Especially when this is/was the venue that they approached, and asked/received input from regarding the product they developed.

Makes NO sense :roll:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts