FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know... I finally just got to play around with a Sig 556 my local Gander had one. I had seen them on racks before, behind gunstore counters... But, this was the first one I had ever picked up and looked at up close before...

It iwas the 1st gen version of the Sig556 - but I still didn't care for it like I thought I would... The front end is heavier than an AR (obvious, due to the piston), and I didn't really like the way the plastic rails are built in - instead of metal ones. Also, didn't care for the general feel of the rifle.

Not a huge AR fan either. The Storm CX4 is growing on me, but it really isn't the type of gun to throw a magnified scope on and shoot at 100 yards and beyond.

And, it's so close in usefulness to the PS90 I already have, that I don't see the point in buying one, getting another Eotech or other red dot site to throw on top, and shoot it at the same distances as the PS90...

I also thought I wanted a bolt action rifle, but it's not my thing either - as I hold several and get the feel of them... As I prev stated, I'm not a real big rifle fan. I have always preferred handguns. The PS90 is the exception - I like the feel of the PS90 and the hand positioning on the rifle.

I may just call it quit for rifles and just stick with my PS90.

My wife will be happy to hear that :x Right now, a Beretta Cougar and the upcoming HK45 are the only things of interest to me, now that I've gotten a lot of stuff outta my ststem... We'll see...

·
Vendor
5,624 Posts
you need at least one .308 rifle. I'd suggest the M1A1 with the match trigger. When the Sh%# hits the fan you will need to take out cars and trucks. The PS90 will not do that but the .308 will. :?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I had another thread asking about the FN bolt action rifles - but when someone told me the price of the 308 ammo - i kind of eliminated it. The 5.7 ammo costs enough as it is.

I don't know... Like I said - I never was interested in rifles until the PS90. I like the handling of the gun so much.

·
Vendor
5,624 Posts
:grin: The .308 will penetrate Trees ,car bodies, brick walls, just about anything. if my life was on the line I'd have something where the enemy couldn't hide. the PS90 is great for PDW and easy to use. I'd compliment this with a .308 to reach out and touch someone. :-x

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I plan to hit a gun show next month, and look and see what they have. But at the moment... I may not worry about another rifle.

Who knows what the future brings, though... They keep releasing new guns... So, who knows....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ship, my Dad was the same way, he just never got into rifles, but was very into handguns. I'm the opposite, I have only bought 2-3 handguns in twenty five years of shooting. To each his own, get what you like :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts