FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Very nice
How is does the weapon feel with all that weight up top, cause it looks top heavy.
Does it feel off balance at all?

also, do you feel a laser and a red dot is overkill?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a bit top heavy, but it's not really a problem. I think it's be a bigger issue if I short barreled it.

I did this right away when I got the gun, so I can't really remember what it was like to hold one with only the stock sight.

The laser is for home defense distances. I have it set for 7 yards. At those distances, the dot is actually below the eotech circle because the Eotech is set for 50 yards. So, up close, I can make a lot more accurate shot at that distance than if I guessed how off the eotech would be at up close distances. At 25 yards, it is 2 inches low. It would be even lower at 7 yards.

So, I don't think it's overkill. Plus, w/ the laser, U don't have to bring the gun up to eye level if U needed to shoot it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I always liked the laser over a red dot just for the reason that you could fire it with out bringing it up to your eye.

I put a red dot on my storm since that seemed to be what everybody was doing - i still can't figure out what it's benefit is over a laser
Is it the limited range of a laser?

forgot to mention that i really like the ps90 as a center piece on your table, i wonder if my wife would go for that for the next holiday :wink:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wlcohen said:
I always liked the laser over a red dot just for the reason that you could fire it with out bringing it up to your eye.

I put a red dot on my storm since that seemed to be what everybody was doing - i still can't figure out what it's benefit is over a laser
Is it the limited range of a laser?

forgot to mention that i really like the ps90 as a center piece on your table, i wonder if my wife would go for that for the next holiday :wink:
Well, the laser is only practical at night, or inside, or outside on the day at close distances. So, I think it would be a mistake to ONLY have the laser. I guess U could leave the stock sight on and add a laser. But, each have their place. I couldn't make 50 yard shots w/ my laser at my outdoor range.

Plus, the Eotech is a bit better than just a regular red dot. I love the 1MOA dot in the center. Most red dots are 4MOA at the smallest.

As for the table. Yes. It is the new centerpiece. Then, when I get an AR, we'll alternate it every other week :) :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts