FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the 2 Day Vickers Tactical Subgun/Carbine class this weekend, and Brett and Mike from FNH were there.

Brett brought some more of FN's finest to get some familarization on, and it was a real priveledge to get behind the triggers of these fine firearms.

Mike ran the SCAR-L Mk.16 Mod. 0 CQC for the class:

This was the same SCAR-L CQC that Brett ran in the 3 Day Advanced Carbine/Pistol class that Larry taught a few weeks ago and that was the subject of this thread:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=9124

Brett stated that he didn't clean it since the last class, and I believe him. The SCAR-L ran like a top, with no stoppages whatsoever over the course of the class.

At the end of TD2, Brett gave us a familiarization course on the SCAR-L and SCAR-H, and let all of us get some trigger time behind them.

Outstanding weapons. Here's a video of me with the SCAR-L Mk. 16 Mod. 0 CQC. If you think I'm grinning, you're right! :cool:

One of the most repeated questions I get asked on the forums...."is the lower aluminum or polymer?"

Both the SCAR-L and SCAR-H use an extremely high strength polymer for their lower receiver.

Some of the toys......

And now on to general pics and familiarization fire......

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I noticed the FNP 45 military had the Docter sight on it.
Did you get to fire it with it on? Also, can it be put in a holster like that?

·
Registered
35 Posts
NICE! :?

Did you get a chance to confirm if the bolt carrier travels on steel or aluminum rails?

OT: Anybody know what brand rail covers/panels are shown on the SCAR-L?

·
Registered
130 Posts
MMMmmmmmm... MK-48 goodness :shock:

Anyway - Kind-of suprised at how much "gunk" is in the action-area on that close-up of the ejection port (not critisizing). Any ballpark figure on a round-count to get in that funky.

I just assumed it would be a bit cleaner as it is piston operated...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
j-rod said:
MMMmmmmmm... MK-48 goodness :shock:

Anyway - Kind-of suprised at how much "gunk" is in the action-area on that close-up of the ejection port (not critisizing). Any ballpark figure on a round-count to get in that funky.

I just assumed it would be a bit cleaner as it is piston operated...
That's from two classes without cleaning, letting a bunch of guys run the gun with both FN ammo and their own ammo.

That's probably a minimum of 3K.

......AND, it would wipe right out.....it's not stuck or burned on anything.

FN-Glock, the rail covers are Tango Down.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Another question for Templar... I should've asked before your 2nd range session with FN. Anyway, do you know if the pistol grip is molded as 1pc with the lower, or is it removable like a typical AR pistol grip?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
God i hate it when this happens....good thing i have a fesh pair of boxers laying around! :lol: :? :? :shock: :grin:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Germanic said:
Another question for Templar... I should've asked before your 2nd range session with FN. Anyway, do you know if the pistol grip is molded as 1pc with the lower, or is it removable like a typical AR pistol grip?
It's removeable and compatable with any of the grips that will fit a M16/M4.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I envy you. Where did you take this class at? How much does it run?

·
Registered
631 Posts
iCeMaN said:
God i hate it when this happens....good thing i have a fesh pair of boxers laying around! :lol: :? :? :shock: :grin:
nothing like going commando

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
iCeMaN said:
I envy you. Where did you take this class at? How much does it run?
Larry Vickers travels all over the country training classes, both military/LE only and also open enrollment.

There's a range that he holds several classes a year at in South Hill, VA, near the NC border.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12713

I don't know if Brett, the FN rep will be able to make it to any more next this year or next, as he has an extremely busy schedule as well, but if he does, I can post it here on this board.

There are guys who travel from across the country to get to the South Hill classes, so Kentucky isn't that far away....... :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Do keep me posted if they do i would LOVE to go. Thanks for the info again.
Cheers!
iCe

·
Registered
94 Posts
Templar said:
Germanic said:
It's removeable and compatable with any of the grips that will fit a M16/M4.
EXCELLENT! Thanks Templar! :?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts