FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else start out with stuff mounted on both sides of their PS90 - and then slowly have both side rails bare?

I started w/ a laser on 1 side, and a flashlight on the other.

With a single point sling, the blashlight kept bumping my leg as I walked. After a few rang trips, I had the problem of the bulb in my Scorpion light falling out of the socket form this. After fixing it 2x, I just finally removed the light. I then later removed the laser in anticipation of the new double rail mount from Critical DImensions.

However, I now kind of like the thinner profile of the PS90 with nothing mounted on either side. I still have the rails - I think the rails improve the look of the gun. And, I put rail protectors on the side rails too. But not sure I will permanently put the stuff back or not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The laser is just extra IMO. They arent really that useful at least to me. A flashlight on the other hand... You have a small PDW there and if there is any gun that should have a light its that one.

And for crying out loud would you get a 10.3 barrel for that thing already!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bonebreak2000 said:
And for crying out loud would you get a 10.3 barrel for that thing already!
I've been tempted many time - but it's just too much to do it. And, it's already so short. I'm not gonna do it. Sorry...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Spend your safe money on that instead that way you can fit it in a drawer!!

Seriously though its a different weapon and I doubt you'd regret it. You're money though. Its a cool rifle either way but if there is one thing I have learned in the last 10 years its that castrating firearms to get them US legal is a sad thing. If there was anyway I could make my SL-8 a G36 semi simply by cutting the barrel and paying the gov 200 I'd do it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I started w/a laser on one side and taclight on the other. I now have only a taclight on the right side so the left side is clear and doesn't catch/snag on me or my LBV (laser is now the internal Laserex).
Tomac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts