FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the ADM Delta mount a better choice than the Bobro or will i be GTG with either? I have read great reviews on both but is one ACTUALLY superior to the other? If you prefer the ADM over the Bobro or vise versa, Why? I hope this hasnt been discussed before. Ive seen a few different discussions about the Delta and the larue but i could not find much on the bobro vs Delta.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want the Delta, dont get me wrong. I have just called several places and i usually get an answer like, "Well, we were supposed to get a handful of deltas in about 2 weeks ago, but we haven't heard anything." I just don`t want to sit around for another month or so hoping that I luck out and catch someone that has one in stock, when there is an alternative out there that is just as good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any reason why Larue doesnt make your list? Had an ADM/bought a Larue/sold the ADM as fast as I could. Strictly Larue for me!

Oh and you can actually buy them...its neat

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Cause I make my own rib rub.

It's actually quite good.

j/k

Seriously...

I have LT mounts here at home, and the question best answered is how many I run: -0-

Why? Because after all the side by side, I chose the ADM line for QD mounts.

And that's not to say LaRue doesn't make my list for other things, they do.

-SS

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cause I make my own rib rub.

It's actually quite good.

j/k

Seriously...

I have LT mounts here at home, and the question best answered is how many I run: -0-

Why? Because after all the side by side, I chose the ADM line for QD mounts.

And that's not to say LaRue doesn't make my list for other things, they do.

-SS

My bad Sarge, I wasnt directing my response towards you. Though I appreciate the response. Diff strokes for all kinds of folks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, Larue wasnt mentioned because there had already been a few threads on them. I was just trying to figure out how the Delta and Bobro stacked against each other. My mark 4 is just dying to get mounted on my 17s.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just curious, you might want to check into the ERA-TAC one-piece mounts. They are my favorite one piece quick release mounts. (for Picatinny rails that is. Talley's on my hunting rifles) Viking Tactics Germany - ERA-TAC one-piece Block Mount& Yes, yes, I know - they're expensive at $420.... but so is a SCAR. You could have bought a less expensive 7.62 but you didn't did you? Here is photo of one (first photo) that was posted here just the other day. The next photos are of one 34mm version on my 17 FN+SCAR+H+PR+Precision+Rifle+1+pt+-+Atmospheric+-+%25u002525C2%2525A9+FN+Herstal%25252C+Belgium.jpg IMG_1688.JPG IMG_1698.JPG

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Just curious, you might want to check into the ERA-TAC one-piece mounts. They are my favorite one piece quick release mounts. (for Picatinny rails that is. Talley's on my hunting rifles) Viking Tactics Germany - ERA-TAC one-piece Block Mount& Yes, yes, I know - they're expensive at $420.... but so is a SCAR. You could have bought a less expensive 7.62 but you didn't did you? Here is photo of one (first photo) that was posted here just the other day. The next photos are of one 34mm version on my 17
What happened to the torque down Leupy only theory with the harmonics and all?
I like those Leupolds and the idea of locking it down for good w/ some buis offsets just until an aluminum lightweight wrench in the storage (handle) compartment can help out getting those torqued nuts loose.

·
Registered
660 Posts
What happened to the torque down Leupy only theory with the harmonics and all?
I like those Leupolds and the idea of locking it down for good w/ some buis offsets just until an aluminum lightweight wrench in the storage (handle) compartment can help out getting those torqued nuts loose.
Oh it's still there - remember what I said here is that the ERA is my favorite OUICK RELEASE mount. I didn't say it was my FAVORITE mount now did I? :smile: They were talking about QR mounts so I was staying within that confined of mounts.

Reactions: saltpinch
1 - 15 of 15 Posts