FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow FNAR fans. This is my first post here. I have however been lurking for a while. I have had an FNAR 16" for a couple of years now. I love the rifle and will never be without it. I have been running a Burris MTAC with a fast fire on top and mounted with their PEPR mount. I can reliably shoot satisfying groups out to 300 yards with consistency. I am looking to reach out quite a bit further and recently purchased the Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50. I am wondering if there is any need or benefit to adding a 20 Moa mount such as the Nikon M308 canted mount. Or any other brand. Is the PEPR fine or will i get the advantage out of the 20 MOA cant? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Really looking to get out to 600 and further. Thanks for any advice in advance. Tight lines n big tines.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What does your ballistic computer tell you you'll need to have, elevation-wise, at the distance you want to shoot? I can make 1000 yds with an SWFA 3-15 on mine (Give or take ~50 yds; was just playing around) even without the Burris Signature ring offsets, but having them give me another ~3 mils is handy. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts