FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a new owner of a FN SLP Mark I, and would like to mount a flashlight sometime in the near future on my shotgun. Could you possible steer me in the right direction on what type of mounting hardware I'll need to buy and where.

Thanks for your help,

WPM

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
The only rail you have on that is the optic rail, correct?

Years ago, I used a mount that latched around the barrel - but it will mess up the finish eventually - where it is attached.

There are 90 degree rail adapters that could work. Two days ago I came across a really old post with pics of this, and a link. I'll see if I can find it again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct, I only have the optic rail. Is there some type of mounting ring that would go around the lower tube so you can mount the light to it?

WPM

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Tac Star makes one. cabelas and other places sell them.

I put a surefire forearm light on my benelli M1 super 90. Not sure if the make one for FN or not.

How do you like that shotgun?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I had a mounting ring that allowed me to mount a mini mag light - but I think if you use that part I listed above, and put something like a TRL1 or a M3 light on it - it would work better. Those are handgun lights, so they are small yet bright.

I did the barrel attachment light thing in the 1990s. It does work, but depending on hos much disassembly you do to clean the gun after using it, I had to take the damn thing off a lot. And, it will rub the finish off of where it is attached.

Using the rail attachment worul work better...

But yea, Tacstar probably has something you could use if you really wanted to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:grin: I'm looking at FN 2008 catalog they have a MIL-STD 1913 mounting tri-rail with 3 rails one on bottom, one on the right , and one on the left that attaches to the magazine tube. The part # for the SLP is 3088929876 the mark I's # is 3088929878.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I'm new.. have FN BHPs and a new FN SLP MK 1.. I love it, darn thing feeds everything I offer it, including Estate brand birdshot, slugs and various 3 " turkey loads and 00 buck loads

I have a Tac Star Sidesaddle reload holder, 3 point sling and heads-up holo sight. It's my zombie wars gun 8)

What I really want and have been told would be out soon is an official FN forearm with a picatinny rail for mounting a light. I have a Streamlight M3X light just waiting, the same light I use for for my open carry handgun, a Glock M22 (My BHPs are my CCWs)

In the meantime where would a mere mortal obtain an FN catalog with these rail mounts and such? I would at least like to see them, although I don't like clutter up top that obscures vision. That's how the zombies sneak up on you :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
On Sept 1st, we're starting the new FN Q&A - 1st 10 questions gets in. You may want to be ready and ask that question there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spoke with a representative on the phone over at fnh and he said it was supposed to have been released last month but they had a problem with the manufacturer (which is weird because I would've figured THEY were the manufacturer). Something about the screws that hold the rail to the magazine tube. Now looking like December.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking forward to the tri rail extension over a clamp on style.

Do you think it is likely these will be available any time in the next few months?

Also what about the pistol grip stock that is available on the "tactical" model? That model appears to have the tri rail extension and pg stock. It would be nice to upgrade to both accessories. I haven't seen that tactical stock mentioned anywhere though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FN Customer Services Reply

I was inquiring about the availability of the Tri-Rail Extension from FN, and here is the response I got on 12/22,

The Tri Rail extension, has bee delayed. We do not expect these until late spring.

Thank you!

Bob Ailes
Customer Support Manager
703-288-3500 ext. 122
[email protected]

Just a fyi for those that are considering the purchase of the accessory. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Regards,
Shacke

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried this item from Brownell's:
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/st...?p=20919&title=3-RAIL PICATINNY SHOTGUN MOUNT

It didn't work on my SLP even though it is listed as working on FNs. The mag tube cover on the SLP is 29mm in diameter, and this works I think up to about 26mm.

So...I have it listed for sale somewhere.

I talked to these guys:
http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/m...ith-optional-rails-and-sling-swive-p-147.html

They said theirs will work on the SLP based on the dimensions I gave them. So, I think I am going to pick one of those up shortly.

I don't feel like waiting until Spring only to find out the tri rail extension is delayed another 3 months.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts