FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The STG has lots of nice surprises. The finish is top-notch, and upon disassembly you discover the dagger logo is tastefully emblazoned onto the bolt carrier, barrel, and trunnion.

The mags are as rugged as advertised, and the trigger is most excellent.

I like it.

And now for the criticisms.

1. The barrel release button doesn't work very smoothly, the spring seems stronger than need be, and the button has these very sharp ridges, and all these things conspire to tear the skin off your thumb and frustrate you.

2. The mags don't drop free.

3. The foregrip has a very slight wobble. Not a big deal, but room for improvement.

4. The charging handle is very hard to operate with an Eotech attached. I think they will have to offer an accessory charging handle for use with after-market optics if they want to become popular with law enforcement.

Of course none of this is as important as reliability in firing. We'll see how it performs in action shortly.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice.

How expensive are they?

Let us know how it performs.

:shock:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
WOW nice weapon. I thought they were going for over $2,000.00 ? What caliber is it 5.56, 6.8 ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
devildoc said:
WOW nice weapon. I thought they were going for over $2,000.00 ? What caliber is it 5.56, 6.8 ?
I picked one up for $2000 even, and they come in 5.56 but offer a 6.8 barrel and bolt seperatly.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They sure do look sweet!!!! It just seems like 1/2 of the reviews of reliability/function aren't so hot. :( It kind of sucks considering the work and top notch materials it seems like they're using.

Don't forget to post up a range report!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts