·
Registered
21,554 Posts
That has a very interesting action.

Reactions: SONYtec

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Just when I thought I'd seen it all... Wow!

I wonder what the price tag on that bad boy is...

·
Registered
604 Posts
"Everything old is new again"

Back in the mid-eighties, when the US Army was considering the notion of a man-portable .50, DARPA designed an experimental bullpup rifle in it. It was then handed over to the gentle care of Army Special Forces. It didn't last very long. Of course this was around the time Barrett introduced his design, which became the DoD standard.

I'm not saying that I think this new design is flawed or weak (Hell, I haven't even seen one or shot one) just making note of how some concepts seem to come full circle.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Lebben, that would explain the question I had, which is why on earth is it using a single stack magazine which I'm presuming is proprietary, when it could use the M82's double stack mag and have more rounds. That rifle is sexy as hell, but I'd still rather have a Barrett!

Reactions: LebbenB

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
That has a very interesting action.
Nothing new about it, Look up "Long recoil action" I'm sure you know about the short recoil action in most of the handguns where the barrel travels with the slide for about a eighth of a inch? In a long action the barrel travels most of the way back before unlocking and returning to battery then followed by the bolt.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Everything old is new again"

Back in the mid-eighties, when the US Army was considering the notion of a man-portable .50, DARPA designed an experimental bullpup rifle in it. It was then handed over to the gentle care of Army Special Forces. It didn't last very long. Of course this was around the time Barrett introduced his design, which became the DoD standard.

I'm not saying that I think this new design is flawed or weak (Hell, I haven't even seen one or shot one) just making note of how some concepts seem to come full circle.
15K (for me i need a Powerball Win for that!)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Seems like recoil is more than with the Barrett. Lots of movement in the gun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts