FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have removed the factory pinned muzzle device and replaced it, who performed the work??

I'm interested in having my factory device replaced and I have little to no machining skills.

Any leads appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did all the work myself. using an electric drill and a 1/8" titanium drill bit as well as a cresent wrench. it is very easy just drill out the pin, it is made from a soft steel and can easely be drilled out. then use the cresent wrench to twist the FH off just remember to turn it to the right as if you were trying to tighten it as it is reverse threaded.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone else wish they could turn the brake to approximately 2 o'clock to speed up follow-up shots?

Jim

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is it a muzzle break or a flash hider?

Are the threads compatible with other flash hiders? If so, which?

·
Registered
43 Posts
On an AR, you can adjust the cant of a threaded muzzle brake by using a compression washer. Given how the MB is on the 2K, any ideas on how to get it to tighten-up on any desired angle?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Muzzle Devices

I plan on switching the factory flash hider and understand the FAL's are compatible, but what about the difference from a 7.62 device to 5.56? I would guess you lose functionality of the 7.62 device on a 5.56? Any thought's or am I stupid?
Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I plan on replacing the flash hider on my FS2000 with a Vortex flash hider made originally for the MK46 and Para SAW models from Smith Enterprises. The part number is 1040V. It has the 9/16"x24 LH threads and it's made for 5.56x45.

The newest version of the Vortex is made to accept the G6 BFA and the SEI quick-disconnect sound suppressors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts