FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i shot her today (Actually on Saturday)!!

really fun to shoot...all 119 rounds fed, extracted, n ejected perfectly. i wasn't hitting anything i was aiming at...lol. Not my main concern today, just wanna make sure she works good.

as for sighting...was shooting low, so had to raise the rear sights about 7-8? clicks counter-clockwise (up). and maybe 4? clicks clockwise (right) for windage. dunno why i had to adjust it so much for 7 yrds...anyone had to do this?

my wrist is injured, so maybe i wasn't able to aim/shoot so well today. went to my MP45 after...i was doing pretty well with it...i'm used to it...however. after the 5th shot...i had to put it down(MP45). my wrist was aching, think it's dislocated...ahaha.

anyway, when i can get more ammo (give my wrist time to heal too), i'll work on sighting and aiming...and just shooting the 5-7.

I was using SS197. had to raise the sites at 7 yrds...after awhile i was able to hit center mass from 7-20 yards...but nothing like what i've seen/read.

Any advice would be great!

thanks,
GT

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I no longer have my Five Seven - but when I did, I too had to adjust the sights. I put it on sandbags and sighted it in. The sights were fine after that. I have heard that they are sighted in at 25 yards, but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome...good to know...and reassuring. I've heard factory uses SS195 and 25 yards to sight in.

so since the SS197 is underloaded and a heavier round...this may be why i had to readjust the rear elevation so much.

btw i wasn't able to reply to your PM, error i got:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

but i got the message....thanks! :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
GT1R390 said:
btw i wasn't able to reply to your PM, error i got:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

but i got the message....thanks! :?
Actually - that's been discussed before - I think I made an announcement a few weeks ago about that in the SIte Annoucements section. We're having some server issues that are giving us problems to get resolved. Despite that error message - PMs still go thru. It's the transition screen afterwards that messed up.

So, I actually got 4 PMs from you :x

·
Registered
239 Posts
The Five-seveN is not sighted in at the factory at all. They just install the sights on the assembly line and how they are set is how they are set. They fire a few rounds to function test the gun and provide a once fired case, THAT IS ALL. Out of the box your first shot may or may not even be on paper. Once you sight it in for a particular load you will find that the SS197 shoots between 3" and 5" lower than SS195 "in general". That is because the projectile of the SS197 is heavier and travels at a lower velocity than the SS195 projectile.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MadDogDan said:
The Five-seveN is not sighted in at the factory at all. They just install the sights on the assembly line and how they are set is how they are set. They fire a few rounds to function test the gun and provide a once fired case, THAT IS ALL. Out of the box your first shot may or may not even be on paper. Once you sight it in for a particular load you will find that the SS197 shoots between 3" and 5" lower than SS195 "in general". That is because the projectile of the SS197 is heavier and travels at a lower velocity than the SS195 projectile.

MadDog :?

That is GREAT! to know...very reassuring. I just hope 5.7 ammo goes down in price soon so i can start practicing 8)

·
Registered
239 Posts
When I got my first 5.7 about four years ago I was paying $17.00 for SS192 and prices have only gone up from there. You can find deals on the net but I doubt it will EVER go down MUCH. I am currently paying between $19 and $22 per box for SS195.

MadDog :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts