FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stripped it completely down. Used 80 grit AlumOxide for a more aggressive finish vs. 120. I sprayed the slide and RMR cover Cerkaote Burnt Bronze, and the plastic was sprayed in Patriot Brown. Oven baked at 170/250 for 2 hrs plastic/steel. I opted to mix this at 20:1 to give me the finish I was looking for. I also cut down the mag button and slide lock surrounds per my preference. I like the finished product. During assembly I did not baby this at all and the Cerakote did not even scratch.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Looks great! :?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Looks great! But I wonder as to how long it will last for daily carry in a Serpa holster?

·
Registered
83 Posts
That does look nice, I would like to see a few more factory options as far as color goes. Yours came out great.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Wow! Talk about color saturation, I like it very much! That burnt bronze is just it!

BTW 58kid, the factory FDE doesn't hold up in a holster anyway, so any other finish is a welcome option, especially since it's so beautiful ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Tested for two trips now and so far no issues. No sticking mags, they pop out with authority, every round extracts great (with a few landing inside the back of my shirt due to the small range stall). Extremely pleased, the Cerakote has held up with no hickups. My P320 is next as it is just a plain boring looking pistol. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts