FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and myself are both long range shooters, all of our arsenal consists mainly of bolt guns (Savage 110BA in .338LM, AI AWM, rem 700 in a KRG chassis) with a few pdw/combat rifles mixed in.. and of course lots of pistols.

My newest goal with my second PS90 is going to be developing my perfect load, keeping stock length barrel and doing as much modification as necessary to try to get the tightest groups possible out to 300 yards (arbitrary number, I know.. 200 seemed too short and 600 seemed laughable) using only iron sights.

so far in the works I have:

read a lot of load data for the 40g v-max round (IMO the best contender for my goal based on all BCs I could find)

ordered the AMP trigger- I have found that getting consistent trigger pulls on the half-concave trigger with my fat fingers to be a challenge due to the fact that the inside of my index finger drags along the selector and is a variable I am way too conscious of (whether its in my mind or not) so i am hoping that having a trigger that actually cradles the whole index finger will improve my trigger pull

ordered the billet hammer from Mike- I have noticed inconsistent depth in primer hits with the factory plastic hammer.. usually a non issue for most, but for me.. it bugs me. The better take-up and lighter percieved trigger pull/cleaner break that I'm hearing about would also be a great benefit *predicated upon it actually working*

does anyone know of any companies that make match grade barrels for our rifles? Is there anything that I have missed that you (form actual experience) have found that has improved your accuracy?

***before I get flamed, I would like to point out that I know that this weapon system was not designed for long range use and my only long rang intention with it is punching holes in paper and getting a good group.. everyone likes a nice, tight hole..***

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Be interesting to see your results as you go down this path. I myself was/is/am curious as to how well this little carbine can perform. Mines an SBR but that's what FN designed the round around so I'm not concerned about that. I am curious as to what accuracy you can get with a good, high power scope on it benched up with no upward pressure on the barrel. Good luck and keep this updated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, I too view this as a kind of bizarre endeavor akin to making the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear (mmmm... bacon...), but I am very much looking forward to your chronicles to see what happens! Interesting indeed to see what successes you have and what problems you run into. Good luck, and keep us posted!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts