FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weapon worked well.

Thread addapter is made by TROS USA and the supressor is a Quest stainless steal by Tactical Inovations. It worked so well that my class 3 buddies all were very impressed. We were shooting 195 ammo.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Sweet!

If I could legally do that here, I'd definately get a FiveseveN. As it stands though, it doesn't really float my boat standard.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Every time I see a suppressed 5.7 I get a little closer to getting one myself.....I understand that it is possible to attach my G5 with a special adapter.... come to think of it, can anyone verify?

·
Registered
408 Posts
G5 with Bi-lock would be heavy and unsightly. Not recommended.

Zhur

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow...That is just sexy right there. Now I want a can for the seveN :-?

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Zhurdan said:
G5 with Bi-lock would be heavy and unsightly. Not recommended.

Zhur
LoL, I guess so now that I think about it...but I already own the G5.... so I wonder how much I would have in it if I gave it a shot so to speak.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts

Doesn't look too bad. I think I have the size ratio right. It is hard to tell. Looks like the standard sights work with it.

Perhaps I should add a verticle grip to compensate for the weight, lol.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I take it you mean photoshop and not add a real vert grip to a FN?

To add a vert grip would be a No-no as it would be AOW and would require $200 to Uncle Sam.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
So this would be illegal? Really?

Actually not a photoshop. All I have is microsoft paint. Yeah, I know, I am still stuck in 1994 in picture editing.

I do not own a pistol with a rail like that. I wonder if people with pistols realize this? Doesn't this still qualify as a pistol even though it has a verticle grip?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Yep its illegal If you add a vertical grip to a handgun or pistol as it becomes a NFA weapon, Or better known as AOW (any other weapon) So you would have to do the paper work and send $200 to Uncle Sam for 15 seconds of work on your part. Horizontal grips are legal.....go figure.

I'm sure there are few out there that will out knowledge have done this and will be in for a surprise when they show up at a local range and the safety officer asks them for there paper work, Or worse yet a Police officer.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
ShipWreck said:
AOW is only a $5 fee for ATF, if I remember right - not $200
$5 transfer fee if you purchase from a SOT or transferred to you but as your building it it requires $200 to ATF

The thing with AOW is who is going to pay $1200 for one when you can build one from a Glock for $500 and a $25 vertical grip.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Special Occupational Taxpayer

These are the guys who can manufacture post sample machine guns. needless to say they follow more stringent ATF guidelines.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/5000.htm#firearms

Form1 to manufacture a firearm is available at your local ATF branch as the form is not available right now from the website. you can also call them and they will mail them to you. At this current time I don't own any NFA weapons but if I can recover from Christmas I hope to have the PS90 SBR-ed

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
blkbd said:
Special Occupational Taxpayer

These are the guys who can manufacture post sample machine guns. needless to say they follow more stringent ATF guidelines.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/5000.htm#firearms

Form1 to manufacture a firearm is available at your local ATF branch as the form is not available right now from the website. you can also call them and they will mail them to you. At this current time I don't own any NFA weapons but if I can recover from Christmas I hope to have the PS90 SBR-ed
I have a PDF of a form 1 and a form 4 and have completed those in the past. Not worth the $200 and wait just to put a grip on the front of a FiveseveN. That sure does have a different look to it, doesn't it? Especially with the suppressor.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Now don't quote me on this as I heard this like 20 years ago and the ATF changes rulings like there underware, But someone may want to look it up or send a letter to ATF.

As said you can't attach a vertical grip to a handgun but someone once told me that you can attach it to a barrel extension that screws on to the gun as long it (vertical grip) was not attached directly to the firearm. So if this is correct then in theory you could attach the vertical grip the suppressor. The big problem I see with this is if your pulling down you could upset the suppressor and barrel alignment and get baffle strikes. Not a good thing. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts