FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first Dura Coat kit. I decided the PS90 cause it has flat surfaces and thought it would look good, its also easy to disassemble. Never liked the OD green anyway. This is the pattern Urban camo and heres the kit. It came with a instruction video. The who project over all took 3 days. Dura Coat is a great product. I would say it was easy to use. Whatcha think?
KIT

PATTERN

Bead blasted

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Wow! Great job!

How much would ya charge to do mine? :D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Very NICE!!! I was thinking about dura coating mine as well...where did you get that at?

·
Registered
148 Posts
01coltcolt,

:shock: :shock: Awesome paint job! :shock: :shock:

I've also got a duracoat kit in Digital Urban Camo from Mike at Magazine Parts and before starting I was wondering how you prepped the stock. Did you lightly sand it or just cleaned it with a solvent?

Also how long did you let it cure before you reassembled it. I'm really impressed with how it turned out. Can't wait to get mine completed as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DAUG said:
01coltcolt,

:shock: :shock: Awesome paint job! :shock: :shock:

I've also got a duracoat kit in Digital Urban Camo from Mike at Magazine Parts and before starting I was wondering how you prepped the stock. Did you lightly sand it or just cleaned it with a solvent?

Also how long did you let it cure before you reassembled it. I'm really impressed with how it turned out. Can't wait to get mine completed as well.
I took it to work and bead blasted it. This is the easiest way. But I honestly believe that the Dura Coat will stick to the stock just fine the way it is. This stuff is pretty cool. Wipe it down with Mineral spirits and a tac rag and go to town. One thing I did'nt do though. Dont peel the camo off until you shoot the white shadows. I did and I had to free hand them cause I did peel them as in the pictures. If you dont know what I am talking about. PM me and Ill give you my # so I can help you out. Later Colt

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Thanks for the link. Looks great!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looking good!, it's amazing what a little dura coat will do to improve the look of any project! you got me thinking now, thanks a lot.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
yea, its got me thinking too!! bad influence....i may just buy another stock and practice on it first

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts